The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

and to add to that... thats me out of money for a few weeks... had to pay my university accommodation today... £1500 !! still gota pay tuition fees once i know how much it is this year.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

My tuition fee's are 3,145 quid for a year :(

Hurts the ol' pocket. Hafta get a loan for it.
SAZ
---------------------
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Pir0 wrote:My tuition fee's are 3,145 quid for a year :(

Hurts the ol' pocket. Hafta get a loan for it.
in US depends, from $5K-$35K per year, depends what collage u going to :|
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

ive been offered an astra mk2 2.0 8v turbo running near on 300hp for £150... the car's had a smash (although, it is easily repairable) and the engine needs a new head gasket.

what do u guys think?

here are my options:
-buy the whole and sell the woo
-buy the engine and 2.0 8VT my lanos
-buy the turbo setup and stick it on my 1.3
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Turbo setup for the 1.3's a no go. For me anyway, you'd still need to get your oil lines and boost pipes sorted, along with forged or milled pistons. Hopefully with him running that amount of power on an 8v, he's got forged pistons and not just a 2 head gasket or decomp plate put in place.

I know of a few 8v turbo's running a bar of boost and getting all around the 210bhp mark. And that's from about 3 or 4 different engines, at that amount of boost. Most of them had either a thicker headgasket and fifth injector, or a decomp plate and fifth injector. The extra fuel when on boost made up for the high-ish compression at that amount of boost.

For him to be getting 300bhp outta an 8v turbo, it's either running a massive turbo and/or a lotta boost. Or has had headwork done too. Obviously, improving the head would highhhhhly benefit the 8v turbo seeing as all 8vs, whether it be the c20nes, or the 20sehs had the same head just different cams. So, as i said, improving flow in the head would mean more bang per buck so to speak as far as the turbo goes.

Personally. I think for 150 quid there's something not right with the engine. An engine running 300bhp, especially an 8v, is worth mega bucks, seeing as when i mathed it out, it woulda cost me over a grand to turbo my 8v the way i wanted too, and I was only hoping for around 180bhp MAX lol. And you say it needs a new headgasket? Probably because of the silly amounts of boost or over revving i'd imagine? And make sure it's only 1 headgasket that's gone, as i said, there's a lotta 8v's running 2 headgaskets or a decomp plate. And for that amount of power it's not to owise.

If the engines in sweet working order, stick it in the woo. All you need is a new front mount. The rest you'll get with the other car. Dont sell the woo for a smashed astra. I love mk2s, but smashed ones have seen their day. Even the mint ones are sometimes ropey seeing as how hte bulkhead always rips in them.

At 150 quid, depending on how badly the cars damaged, surely you'd make your moneys worth back in breaking the rest of the car and scrap value for the shell etc.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

it all seemed like such a good idea until i brought it to light in front of my dad... he aint having none of it! lol
it seems that as long as im living under his roof theres no way of me having 2 cars, even if i can get one on the cheap. and it doesnt help that im at uni most of the time - the parents dont want an extra car on the drive just sitting there (we've already got 5 on there)

i know its the deal of a life time, but im gona have to let this one go... my mate who's selling it just wants rid, seeing as he's got 2 civics aswell and cant afford all of it at once. on top of thatm its not even on his drive either due to lack of space - it used to sit at his girlfrend's house, now its at an old school friends house on their drive. haha!
the only reason its going so cheap (£150 for the engine, £200 for the whole car) is cos of 'mates rates'. anyone else who asks its £500 lol.

i spoke to him tonight, and he's agreed with me that, if he cant sell the car and has to scrap it i can have the turbo set-up off it.

oh well... just gonna have to wait for now, wish i had enough money to move and get a place of my own.
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

i am very p**sed off when to play on my xbox 360 lastnight and got the three ring of red and now i have to sent my xbox off to be repaired its gong to take them about 3 weeks, it even being ship over to germany, but at least it being done for free,

might have more time to work on the daewoo, don't know that to do as i have no money at the moment
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Big Jeff wrote:i am very p**sed off when to play on my xbox 360 lastnight and got the three ring of red and now i have to sent my xbox off to be repaired its gong to take them about 3 weeks, it even being ship over to germany, but at least it being done for free,

might have more time to work on the daewoo, don't know that to do as i have no money at the moment
thats y u need a gaming PC instead of xbox360 ;)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

wash and wax the shit out of your woo since your not gonna be playing the 360.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

well I am going down to phoenix on the 4th of sept to pick up the Red Nubi Wagon. I have to get the timing belt changed and see if the can fix the driver side windows that is stuck down.

now my 240sx will become my garage project.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

daewoomofo wrote:wash and wax the shit out of your woo since your not gonna be playing the 360.
it would take me like half day, prob clean ur garage :lol:

just an idea :roll: ;)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

buddha102 wrote: prob clean ur garage
i did that yesterday, turned in 1500 lbs of scrap.....glad thats gone

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

buddha102 wrote:
daewoomofo wrote:wash and wax the shit out of your woo since your not gonna be playing the 360.

i would but it would keep to long and i would have to ask my dad if wanted to keep thing as i am only 19 and liv with my mum and dad.
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Big Jeff wrote:
buddha102 wrote:

i would but it would keep to long and i would have to ask my dad if wanted to keep thing as i am only 19 and liv with my mum and dad.
im just 16 and i clean just basics of the garage (like take out the garbage, etc)

prob i'll start cleaning my woo tomorrow, full of dirt lol

fun day tomorrow :lol:
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

this can't be the end???
can it :lol:

getting my xbox360 back in a few day hopefully, got a email sayinng it's been repair or replaced and is being sent back by UPS :D
can't wait to get back on it i have so many voice messeges that people have sent to me, even thogh i sent a messege not to sent them to me :?
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,