The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

yeah, but i wana know what its inner structure is like. so i can try and bodge it to be more free flowing. it mite work.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Why not just buy a free-er flowing second hand backbox for like.. 40-60 quid tops. Like a Scoropin or Powerflow one? Can pick them up fairly cheap second hand these days. Some of them looks sex-tastic too. Sounds like a good idea what you're trying to do though, would be ideal for a sleeper that you dont want a massive flashy exhaust on :P
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

i can get brand new free-er flowing backboxes for 30 notes.

but the sleeper look is always nice.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Why not get something subtle then? Doesnt hafta be a big massive jap style exhaust to nbe free-er flowing. Maybe even a single larger one, or a dual pipe one with smallish pipes rather than big 3 inch ones lol. Or like an oval one you see a lot of the Irmscher kits with. [Not a big fan of the Irmscher exhausts, half of them look daft on the newer astras]
SAZ
---------------------
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

hi.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

raced a hyundai accent on the way home earlier tonite. duno what engine he's got, but its got a bodykit that'll make pancakes of squirrels.

i know where he lives, and he occasionally drives by our local carparks... hopefully he'll pop in and introduce himself next time he sees my car so i can find out a little more about it.
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

found an old tv show i used to watch tonite, trigger happy tv!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... r+happy+tv
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol dom jolly. What a guy.

And did you beat him? Those MVi Accents are really quick for a 1.4 [or are they a 1.6?] Either way, they're pretty nippy tbh.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Pir0 wrote:Lol dom jolly. What a guy.

And did you beat him? Those MVi Accents are really quick for a 1.4 [or are they a 1.6?] Either way, they're pretty nippy tbh.
as far as beating him goes... not too sure, it did take him a while to catch up after i put my foot down tho. and i started in 3rd gear at bout 35mph. slacked off a bit when i hit 60, then he caught up, but as soon as we got to a round-a-bout he didnt stand a chance... the lanos corners like a go kart now. lol

and it wasnt an MVi, i know that much. i remember when they guy first got that accent, the day he got it he put 17" wheels on it, so it looked really funny with the wheels being too big, which is why he stuck the massive bodykit on it. mite try get a pic of it sometime. if its the 1.6, then top end he'll have me anyday, but when it comes to corners and tight bends he stands no chance.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

How's the arse in them wee lanoses? I know in the nexias, any upset of the balance, no matter how small in a corner reall sways the back end about. Even harsh braking, you feel the tail lift and go really light.

Very arse happy cars.
SAZ
---------------------
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

Pir0 wrote:How's the arse in them wee lanoses? I know in the nexias, any upset of the balance, no matter how small in a corner reall sways the back end about. Even harsh braking, you feel the tail lift and go really light.

Very arse happy cars.
i have my sub and amp a spair wheel and some tools to help with my ear end of the car
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol, well, atm... i've quite a lot.

Toolbox full off ratchets, spanners, pliers, screw drivers, snips, bulbs, centre caps, vacuum hoses, box full of interior trim, window wipers and wiper scuttles, box full of fiddly bits like petrol cap, door handles, petrol cap release mechanism, boot trim etc, box with headlights and taillights, box with radio, wires, another radio, and some other stuff in it lol, and loads of spray cans :)

Wuite a lot in my boot atm. Was supposed to bring my car down ages ago, but need a few more things done, like, sorting a trailer out to bring it back to my house, and finish off undersealing and waoiling the underside and arches of the car.

oh and i've a spare in the boot aswell lol.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Pir0 wrote:How's the arse in them wee lanoses? I know in the nexias, any upset of the balance, no matter how small in a corner reall sways the back end about. Even harsh braking, you feel the tail lift and go really light.

Very arse happy cars.
not bad at all i'd say. have never had a problem with the arse end stepping out round a corner or anything, even lifting off half way round a corner all that happens is the front end steps back in line, but the back stays straight and true.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol Nexias are woeful for that. If you were to lift off half way the whole arse would lift. Obviously depending on conditions etc, on dry roads it's fine, in wet it can be tretcherous like.
SAZ
---------------------
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol, remember I was saying about Bebo? This is the type of thing I'm on about.

First of all, a comment on my bebo page,

" Estella Gallo
eyo :S how are you pimp out your profile with this site its sooocoool :P www.click-me-to-go.com baby bby"

Lol, that's not even a bad one either, have a look at one on my friends page [a female lol]

" Katie Thompson
It's so hard for me to keep my pants on, is that a bad thing? www.bebocamcenter.com61440 6292 562"

I could not stop laughing at that one on her bebo. 'Is that a bad thing?' Ahaha. Good stuff!

Anyway, and aswell as those, I got a mail aswell on bebo.

[3rd one now]

"Heya sexy muffin!

I like your style! I hope you are going to like mine. I'm slender, sporty and good-looking. I'm easy-going, smart and ambitious. I like keeping myself busy and go to the gym about three times a week. I enjoy watching some television, surfing the net and shopping. Spending time with my friends is more important to me than anything else though. I guess I'm looking for a outgoing, ambitious guy for dating. I don't want a one night stand, so let's be clear about that. I'm also looking for someone in the area. I think that applies to you. I'm just visiting, so I can't really tell. Please respond to this address if you are interested, l_mary_cheung at yahoo.

I'm presently logged on using my best friend's account. I'm not sure I want to become a member here. Thank you!"

And it was frommmm, 'her'
SAZ
---------------------