The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

you puncture it with a pin and try to get off before its completely deflated.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

lanos2001 wrote:you puncture it with a pin and try to get off before its completely deflated.

nick
thats the story of nick.....

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn it. my fault tho. i did write it like it was from experience. lol.

FUCK YOU SKINNER!!!!!

nick

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

me just kidding :D

nick

jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

That remote is great...I bet the batteries would always disappear though.

But why would we want a Think button? that would only get us in trouble more ;)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

lanos2001 wrote:FUCK YOU SKINNER!!!!!
more wishfull thinking on your part.

lol jk

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

this is fucking killing me. i dont close on the house till 3-27-08, this is gonna be the longest month of my life. i cant wait to move into my own place and have room to move, and a garage of my own so i can work on my car and my pos truck. also her car needs some tlc too, but who's counting, lol

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

one of my friends may well be joining our community soon.

he's currently got an astra mk3 1.4 a/t, but his insurance runs out in a week and he wants to get a new car when he renews the insurance... and i think i've persuaded him enough to get a lanos.
he's impressed with my lanos and thinks highly of daewoo's now, which is good.

altho he's looking at the 1.6's mostly, so im gona be a bit slower than him with my 1.3... oh well! hopefully he does get a 'Woo.

[USELESS CHAT]

my backseats are back in, and i'm redesigning my sound system.

6x9's, moulded into the parcel shelf, (cones only, no tweeters) so the 6x9's are like mini woofers. i'm also getting a 2x100w amp for the 2 6x9s, and i mite wire up a custom bass filter (50Hz ~ 350Hz). once all the wiring is done, they will be sealed with a mini-box either above or below the cone.
the tweeters that were removed (along with 2 more, 3 tweets per channel, 6 in total) are being wired in parallel with the stock 4x6 rear speakers. the stock speakers will be band-pass filtered (1.5kHz ~ 7.5kHz), and the tweeters, hi-pass (~7.5 kHz +). i also need to do something about the wiring going to the door speakers (the resistance in the wire is too big), but i cant find an easy way of getting wires into the door, i struggled enough getting the door lock solenoid wires thru the plug, and there is no more room for extra wires. ive removed that stupid loud 12" 1000w woofer, and may eventually just opt for an 8" woofer moulded into the boot.
and for once i'm going to properly solder all wiring for a good connection.
i've also wired LED's that flash as the bass hits (needed to lower the voltage across the tweeters and stock speakers, seeing as the stock speakers are rated at 20w, and im driving 45w(max) thru them.)
hopefully the sound will be quite crisp and clear. obviously eventually i'm gona have to replace the stock 4x6 speakers with better quality ones, which will be done as soon as they're blown like the factory door speakers

[/USELESS CHAT]
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

as far as the dorr problem i say just buy some rubber gromets (spelling) drill you a new hole in the door and slip the wire thru with the new rubber gromet to make sure its a water tight fit.

anyone hear of Rues Audio before? thats the company i'm thinkin about goin to. apparently they put component speakers in like BMW's, Porche, and Ferrari's and such.

nick

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

well the door side is not the problem for wiring, as there is already a proper hole for wires, its in the chassis side where there is a plug instead of another hole.

so i guess i'll need to drill a hole in the chassis... and remove the whole door to do so. too much hassle for a wire. guess i'll just obliterate the plug some more instead.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

im just looking at that Reus Audio website... looks like an alrite company, too bad the websdesigner couldnt spell tho. (Porche Boxter) lol
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol @ the spelling mistake.

Is your friend going for a vauxhall engine for his lanos then? Or did they come in a 1.6? I don't know much about them lol.

One of my best friends is who got me into Daewoos, well, Nexias. Always been a fana of mk2 astras. Can see where the Daewoo Nexia thing came from then lol. His brother bought one new, 10 years ago, then his bros wife drove it, then she sold it to Vauxhall as a part exchange on a mk4 astra. The, my friend, bought it about 7 years ago. Had it for about a year, sold it to some fella, who in turn sold it to a guy not that far away from us, who had it in his back garden for 3/4 years! And he bought it back not that long ago. The pearl he calls it lol. It gave everyone else that had it trouble except him. Infact, the redtop he put into it, gave him back money :lol: He bought a full calibra for 300. Engine was worth 500, gearbox worth 100. So, straight away he was up. He sold 4 tyres off the calibra, then the 4 wheels, the the shell and made all his 300 back. So he got a free Redtop. Only ever let him down once and it was the notrious fuel pump problem. It just lay down, stopped working in the middle of traffic..

So i bought my first Woo, off him, about a year ago nearly. And now I'm onto my second one. And i'm hoping this one lasts a lot longer than the first. Gonna seriously take care of this one. No expense spared. Aka, no, ah i'll fix it next time i'm up at it. Or i'll get it next week, gonna go out this weekend. lol. :( Sad to see my first car, and first nexia in such a state with rust. Looked so fucking nice too...

Ack well, new beginning and al lthat now :)
SAZ
---------------------
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hell yeah payday. full tank of gas, carton of smokes, and most importantly beer money!!!!!!!!!

nick

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Don't get paid until the 14th :( And i'm at -200 atm. No going out for a month for me :(
SAZ
---------------------
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn your payday is my bday. i'll be fucked up that night since its a friday. yay

nick