Which color looks best on Lanos?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

in short... those spacers help keep the engine bay temp low by allowing extra way for an air flow.

it is not a mod that will boost up much power or help accelerate faster... just makes the job of the cooling system a much easier one.

reminds me of what i did to the A/C pipes on my lanos... just before the ferion hoses go into the firewall, their is this metal pipe that is not insulated at all and because it is in the engine bay it is subjected to much heat.

i just got some A/C piping insulator and wraped the pipe so it is protected from the engine bay heat... that won't make the A/C run much cooler or so but it will reduce the loss of "cool" if i can use that turm and accordingly make the A/C system's job easier.

some mods are not for boosting performance... they are just for making parts work at less effort and thus last longer.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
cielo20

spacers

Post by cielo20 »

nice explanation mmamhoud. yes by lifting the rear of the bonnet you open a gap about one inch high allowing the heat generated by the exhaust manifold faster out from under the bonnet! . this is not a problem on cars with the exhaust on the rear side of the engine.
you will not gain any power from this but you will not loose much power after trashing the car for 15 times at the quarter mile strip :twisted:
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

If anyone doubts that the hood spacers work, drive your car until it gets to normal temperature, then get out and put your hand at the end of the hood. You will feel heat escaping, almost like steam, and it is hot. Now imagine raising the end of the hood so there is a straight draft from the grill over the engine, and out the back of the raised hood. You will definately drop a few degrees, now that will not bring any power, but heat is one of the leading killers of engines. Bottom line, these spacers work, especially on wide open grille cars like Daewoos where the air can go directly over the engine and out the back.

If you want to do this for about $5 USD, get some wide washers, or many thin ones, some longer screws, and attach them to your hood hinges. Be sure to mark the space where the hood hinges are at or you will be sorry when remounting it. :lol:
cielo20

spacers

Post by cielo20 »

yes and mine has a really big grille :lol:
pehN
Super

Post by pehN »

Bigger than anyone's else?