My Mazdaspeed 3 on the dyno

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Pir0 wrote:Have always loved these. Do they cost much to maintain?
Probably about as much as any other modern turbo car...
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Nothing out of the ordinary for maintenence.... allready had a few recalls.

I guess there have been quite a few instances of breaking the primary engine mount for those who drive like insane idiots ( so of course I was a prime candidate and they did it for free )

Good little car overall... very happy with it as my daily driver.

The Gsiturbo project car will rape the MS3/MPS once we get the 6spd fitted with LSD and a good set of tires.... and perhaps a little more boost :)

I pretty much could afford to buy anything..... thought about a BMW M3 or a Lotus Exige but they draw too much attension ( especially by my customers who would tell me that I make too much money )

In the end.... the Mazdaspeed 3 looks like any other Mazda3.... it's only very specific things like the hood design that give it away.... so most simply have no idea when I drop down a gear and take off leaving them in a trail of dust.

Last summer I raced a Pontiac Trans Am that obviously had some serious modifications ( thanks to the loud distinctive rumble from performance cams )

The light turned green and the front of his car lifted about 1.5ft in the air.... by the time he started moving I allready had a full car on him.... which I kept all the way up to the traffic circle.... at which point I pulled out a 4 car length lead.

The owner of the trans am and his buddy had a look of "what the hell was that thing that just handed my my ass" as they came up to the next set of lights.

Needless to say it's great fun to see a nice BMW try to pull out into a merge lane an pass me only to end up further behind me when I drop a gear and floor it.

A few weeks back I had some young guys in a Maxima pull up in the lane to the right of me ( which merges with my lane about 1000 ft from the light )

At first I played it easy.... and with 300 ft left he hit the gas.... and so did I..... by the time we hit the merge I had left him behind by 10 car lengths.

Then I eased off and dropped back down to 60MPH and they finally caught up and gave me the finger as they passed me doing 80mph

So... dropped a gear and hit it and 2 seconds later I'm even with them despite the fact that this guy obviously has the pedal to the floor.

I turn to look at them an mouth the words "BYE BYE" and waved at him dropping it down another gear.

Well within a few seconds lets just say that I was hundreds of feet in front.

Did I mention that this car will pull hard up to the electonicly limited 155 MPH?? ( not that I would know that ;) )
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

dude i envy you :? ... I would love to own a MazdaSpeed 3 or Mazda 3 5 door. But when I'm rich and famous I'll get me my dream car... :( :( :(
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Rich and famous??? Last time I checked you could get into a Mazdaspeed 3 for about $23,000 making it one of the cheapest "hot hatch's" available.

I wouldn't be surprized to see used ones down into the $15,000 range
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Well I'm not exactly swimming in money. Not trying to sound rude, and what not... but yeah. :( My bank account is less than $100 and well simply put... I need a JOB... :smt022 :smt100
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm just surprized that someone would be envious of a MS3..... good luck on the job thing.... I know things down there in the USA aren't the best right now.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos