protect yourself from police camera

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i am the KING of cutting thru traffic! sooooooo much fun!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

The city would be great without traffic and stop lights, but what I absolutely love is mountain roads. I have wet dreams :p
I will try to convince a friend to sit with me with a camera to record my favourite road. He would do it but without going fast...
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

My town has no stop lights, traffic or people. LOL

The population is about 300 people and the closest stoplight is 30 minutes drive away at 100km/h! :LOL:
ooobiserooo
Junior

Post by ooobiserooo »

Joso wrote:The city would be great without traffic and stop lights, but what I absolutely love is mountain roads. I have wet dreams :p
I will try to convince a friend to sit with me with a camera to record my favourite road. He would do it but without going fast...
i must do that to! :)
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

kinkyllama wrote:
Aneab wrote:1 more day and those camera's give tickets Kinky...(they start on the 22nd) And i'm glad that the state is putting a ban on those camera's... using the argument that " the camera's didn't stop the person from speeding, the person could go on down the road still endangering others without caring, or even knowing they got a ticket." In my opinion, they're just a money making trap anyway... Not that the city of scottdale needs any more money then they already have... :-/

I've heard of people who have that reflective stuff on their plates, getting caught and paying more than just the ticket... But at the same time, i've never met these people so... i wouldn't know if it's just a ploy by the state, but i don't care, i wouldn't take the chance... lol... Just don't run red lights/speed around camera's... and definately don't run reds... thats just not smart...
~Kyle
Are they for sure getting rid of them? Hopfully.. they're kinda dangerous.. one went of near me on the 101 and scared the crap out of me. I know if I were to run a redlight and it went off id probably kill someone.

Besides... racing on the freeway is one of the safest places.. you dont have to worry about cars turning out or people.
We have to wait and see if the state passes the law... If/when they do, there is a grace period for scottsdale to conduct their test (thats actually what this is... is just a "test," to research them, then They'd have to take them down...

Personally i've been on the opposite side of the road, and still gotten flashed by the camera, and it impaired my driving for a little bit, also i've seen someone swerve and almost go into the median from being disoriented or something... They're bright as hell, and even across the road, always catching you in the face. Funny thing is, i've seen one go off, without anyone on that side of the road at all :roll:

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

Aneab wrote: Funny thing is, i've seen one go off, without anyone on that side of the road at all :roll:
no no no, i was going so fast you just couldnt see me :smt027

BlackleR
Junior

Post by BlackleR »

With the spray and stuff, its legal in one way cos the license plate is still readable to the human eye. However if you have the spray on and the camera flashes and doesnt get a good shot of ur license plate, there are ways they can find out that it was you and if they do find out, its called somthing but basically your stopping yourself from being caught doing something illegal which is why u get a massive fine.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

DaewooMofo had 'Gone to plaid'.

I've heard of court cases here in the states over weather it's constitutional for police to use ticket cameras. Something about watchdog monitoring and such. Not sure what became of those cases though.
dog

Post by dog »

cameras! well its not all down side. people are always trying to show proof of how fast their car is. Photo evidence with radar is undisputable so i would imagine these tickets will prob show up as bragging rights.
04 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 with dreams of 325 hp per liter.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

yeah... that is true :) Though probably not the best way of gauging your speed. :) hehe

I know for a fact I wouldn't want to take my Lanos in it's current condition higher then around 90mph. I would definately need some stabilizers at that points. One swift breeze and I wouldn't have a sweet little woo to play with. :)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah i "jammed" (strawberry) the radar. i also heard that camera tickets werent admisable in court

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

and ive tatken my lanos up to 109 before, it didnt do too bad (got to love driving in detroit)

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

in tennessee and virginia they are using space satellites and aircraft to take pictures of speeder's license plates and have been for quite a long time. we've been getting caught by cams for a long time and other places have had them too, so i don't think it will get shot down as easily as some may think.

we also have cams set-up on poles that take everyone's pic of their license plate to track what goes across the state lines (to stop drug trafficking)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

that kinda makes sence, if they see the same plate a bunch of times they know there is some thing up, still sucks though

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

The Land of the free.... *cough*... Sorta free!!!!!! and the home... of the... brave.