What is the fastest car you've been in (Top Speed)

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

There are easy ways to go extreemly fast and not get caught.

First off you need a radar detector and be going on a highway that you know really well.

Don't speed unless you have a "rabbit" ..... basicly you just sit and wait for someone going faster than you and then drop back about 400 feet and and match his speed.

If he brakes you brake faster..... if he sees a cop he's going to slow down so the key is to allways be going the same speed or slower than he is.

By the time your in site of the cop you have allready managed to drop well bellow the speed that the cop tagged the "rabbit" with.

If a faster "rabbit" passes you then you switch and tail him from a distance.

It's really simple but it requires you to watch the other guys car very carefully....if he brakes and you don't the cop will go after you instead.

I usually find 6 - 12 people going very fast on a 3 hr trip and sometimes you can make it into a game with the other driver so that they try and go faster than you.....but you allways let them win so that they are in front of you.

Some guys simply won't let a car like a Daewoo Lanos pass them so they speed up everytime you get close to them (especially if it's a very expensive sports car)
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

lol, even a"souped" up leganza
Last edited by Daew0Leganza on Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

the fastest car i've been in?

me driving... my Daewoo 195km/h... the engine was screaming at me :roll: ... i've never been faster than that in any car...

but i've been in very fast/powerfull cars: Lancer Evolutions V,VI, Nissan 240sx (SR20DETs), Honda Civics/Integras/Prelude/Accords VTEC NA 1.6, 1.8 (highly tuned) and an stock 2.2, non-vtec 1.6 (ZC), Civic Vtec TURBOs (Very high tuned)... many more... not all were driven to top speeds... all of them are 12 to 14sec 1/4 mile cars. :roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I just thought I'd bump this..... it's been a year since it was posted on
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i didnt notice i said i havent been faster than 195 kmh!!! :?

well im my car i've reached that speed :P

but i must say is a 220+ (wasnt watching the speedo) on Lancer Evo Tommy Makkinen in the passenger side.

In other cars over 200... only a couple of times.

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

fastest ive been was 165mph in like a 2000 cobra mustang when i was like 14. The kid driving dad owned a performence shop for mustangs and it was all fixed up.

Ive been 130+ in my forenza without any problem, still strongly going but had to slow down due to traffic.

But the fastest car ive ever rid in was a 1994 (not sure of the year) Toyota supra with 670bhp. It was soooooo nice. That was about a year and a half ago, now the guy almost has 900bhp on it. Daily driver too... or it was when i knew him better. It was beautiful.... I was into cars when he gave me a rid but ever since them ive been determined for power.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

almost bought a 1995 300zx 2x2 twin tubo... took it for a test drive and was going about 150mph before i knew it... the dealer ship guy told me that i should punch it to see what it tops out at .... needless to say i didnt

then two weeks ago i rode in my friends 91 Talon, that he sunk $11,000 USD into, we didnt go "fast" we went like hell!!! we were doing 120mph or so in third gear, then backed off (doesnt have insurance) and was only in about 1/4 of a mile.. so thats about a 10sec car "i think" dont know for sure
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

My top speed ever in my 1.5 Lanos is pathetic compared to you guys... its 155 Km\h but i am not a top speed freak, i can have much more fun on 2nd and 3rd gear on a really twisty, slippy street than doing 250Km/h on a highyway.

as for the Rabbit theory of Erfinder; it is really nice and i used it during speeding however at night the radar just takes a pic of the speeding car so i could see the flash from some 500 meters away. :idea:

i never speed on a road i don't know well or driven throught it before... unless it is too wide, too straight, too empty and it is in the morning... other than that it is a major risk. :shock:

i already got tickited for speeding twice: once doing 81 Km/h in a 60 Km/h zone and the second while doing 137 Km/h on a 100 Km/h zone... if i got ticketed for a third time i am facing a 6 month suspension of my licince :evil:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

i've only got my leganza to near 190 :cry:
on the highway one night i got cut off by a car doing 90. I nearly freakin crashed cause i was doing 170. The quickes ive been through light traffic is 160 in the woo on the highway, and 160 through more dense traffic in a guys 450hp holden ute. Australia sucks for straight roads.........
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Dodge Viper Venon 160+mph

My friend is out of his mind.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Lanos + Contour 120mph in both...
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

On one of the mischief movies they get the car up to 215mph.. and another time 203mph through traffic
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

On a trip up to Gainesville (160 miles up I-4). Huge interstate, no traffic, and we were doing 125 MPH in the Civic. I know it is pretty safe because the cops don't patrol the interstate because it is between counties and really isolated and the road is really straight, flat, and clean. Well we are sitting there going fast and out of the corner of my eye, I see a yellow blur whiz by. Now we were going fairly fast, but this Lamborghini (from what I made out) must have been doing 190-200 MPH. That just kinda makes you feel small.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i had the same thing happen to me.. i was going 100mph in the lanos heading out of vegas into california and a corvette passed me doing about 150mph+ then a Porsche Carrera GT flew passed me at what seemed like double the speed of the corvette, thats when i realized i should slow down.. cause i know the cops couldnt catch them but could catch me for sure!!

you guys ever look at the monthly payments on a car like that.. $10,000 USD a month lol :roll:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

10,000? for a vet?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport