AVEO vs Cobalt

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Not to hijack but

I think i'm getting A Ripp Mods Vortech Supercharger... 80-100hp constant boost. and thats only 5 psi on stock internals.

That STi won't wanna meet up with me again :)

I think whats worse is i thought i could win until i heard psssh and he flew past me... kinda like Spilner did in F&F 1 past ja rule... noooooooo monicaaaa....
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i had a sti behind me today... he was reving his engine and when the light turned green i floored it (in my winter beater COLT) and i dont know what his deal was but he took off behind me then just kinda drove normal.. i love the way those things sound

anyways.. i thin kthe cobalt looks good with a body kit.. the one on ebay isnt bad at all but i would never buy a cobalt.. looks like a wanna be srt4

the one for the aveo is sweet too

for some reason i would buy a hatchback over any other car. execpt maybe that new Pontiac Solstice.. hey maybe that will be my next car i buy cause it looks sweet!!! it needs a diet bad though for being a little 2 seater
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

You guys dont like be the "sleeper" or the "underdog"?
Last edited by Efratech on Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

KnightWalace wrote:Not to hijack but

I think i'm getting A Ripp Mods Vortech Supercharger... 80-100hp constant boost. and thats only 5 psi on stock internals.

I think whats worse is i thought i could win until i heard psssh and he flew past me... kinda like Spilner did in F&F 1 past ja rule... noooooooo monicaaaa....
I think that you still would lose. STOCK STi's have 300hp and they are AWD, they are fast as hell. Especially if you mod them, boost up the boost level etc.
My friend has a regular turbo WRX with 340hp to the wheels, he got SMOKED by an STi on the highway and he was actually trying, but the guy took off with flames coming from his exhaust and just disappeared. And that's on the highway...
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Efrain A. wrote:You guys dont like be the "sleeper" or the "underdog"?
I remember a night when i was stoping at at some red lights and i see avery nice gray '96 civic (1.8 dohc vtec) at my left, the guy seems to be talking to some Celica, i tought, "oh they're going to race, let me try to keep on with them in 1st and 2nd.", BTW, these guys didnt notice im on the right, 'cos its a 'daewoo', honestly i KNOW that ill not keep up.

I look at the other line lights, oh they're yellow, so the green will be for us, i get the revs to 3500 rpms... here it comes... GREEN!

we take off... oh god these to little 2 kids were sleeping at the lights!, so im in front by a car, i quickly look at my left and i only see the face on the civic driver has turn yellow with a WTF? look, lol mission completed :P , i shift into 2nd and here they come, they leave in the dust, hell i dont win, oh well im used to it :roll:

By the next lights, i meet them again, and the civic driver looks at me with a slime and says "hey, you got me scared, what do you have under the hood? a Honda engine", No, i said, "its a Daewoo engine, its underpowered compared to yours". "Its good, keep it up" he said, and they raced again. I did a U turn and go home.

The thing is, i dont want to be the fastest, there will be someone faster than you, i just want to prove people that i can be different, and all brands are good, what makes it different its who's driving it.

Just try to be different. It will feel good in the end.

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Yeah... ive seen cars with half as much power to weight ratio (compared to there competitors) win races out on the track cuz they know how to drive
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

BTW i didnt said i know how to drive, what i meant with the "who's driving it" :P

its that some people call some cars "crap" 'cos they're a not a "well known company" or a lot of people just beat the hell out of cars and dont service them, its a bit hard to explain, but i think you guys can get the idea.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

AcingTeam wrote:
KnightWalace wrote:Not to hijack but

I think that you still would lose. STOCK STi's have 300hp and they are AWD, they are fast as hell. Especially if you mod them, boost up the boost level etc.
My friend has a regular turbo WRX with 340hp to the wheels, he got SMOKED by an STi on the highway and he was actually trying, but the guy took off with flames coming from his exhaust and just disappeared. And that's on the highway...
Yea it's possible, but the lag on his car was bad... i mean either he had an automatic or he doesn't know how to drive a stick, cuz i had him beat until I shifted till fourth.

I think with the Turbo, yes Erfinder has convinced me to go turbo again, that I think i might have him until i pass fifth.

Not only do you gotta look at Hp and torque... but i think our gear ratios are REALLY REALLY CLOSE!
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.