Wow, two accidents this week! *NEW PICS ADDED 4 DECEMBER*

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I pay $228 a month for full coverage at first they wanted $320 a month but I said screw that and went somewhere else that was the best I could get :cry:
2.0 engine swap in the works
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Erfinder wrote:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: At least now, my insurance is DOWN to $374 a month. After the accidents happened a couple years ago, I was paying almost $600 each month.
:shock: :shock: :shock: $374 per month????

Man.... I thought I was getting screwed at $98 CDN per month ($82 USD)

Sorry to hear about your car.... your best bet is probably to buy another one with a wrecked engine..... then you can make the best of both vehicles and still have some parts left over.
82 a month?! thats sooo cheap, im paying $330 a month and i havnt gotten in a single accident or gotten any tickets, ive taken a few class' to lower it also. Plus good grades. Its cuz im 16 and a male.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Good news! :)
The outside of the headlight was not damaged, nor was the reflector or the projection assembly.
The only part that was damaged was the rear housing bucket itself.
The mounting tabs were broken off and most of it was split and broken into pieces.
Some of the pieces just fell off on the road.
So, I decided that since I am too cheap to spend over $100 on a used headlight assembly, I would just fix the one I had.

With my soldering gun and a piece of interior trim plastic from my Lanos parts car, I cut replacement pieces to fit and melted all the parts together.

Cliff
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Even better news!
I took the inside door panel off, peeled back the plastic sheet that was stuck to the door frame and pushed the dent back out from the inside with my hand.

There was a loud low popping sound and the whole door went back to it's proper shape!

There is a very small crease dent, but I am not even going to worry about it. It looks more like someone opened their door into the side of my car. There is also a small dent in the door trim where the deer actually hit and the trim got bent.

:)

Cliff
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

OZ, really glad you are ok. Glad that the damage
is that much fixable, that you can do yourself. Wish you luck with the rest of the repairs.
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

wow, you got lucky
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Thanks guys!

I'll take the car to the body shop some time after the new year to get the paint done.
As for now, holiday expences are using most of my spare money.

The door really doesn't look that bad and shouldn't be too hard to fix. The paint on the bumper can all be repainted, too.

The car just passed 60,000 miles on my way to work tonight! :)

So far, the car has had 3 different front bumpers, it is on it's 2nd hood, 3rd pair of head lights, one new fender, 2nd radiator/fans & AC condensor, 2nd back bumper and 3rd windshield.

Cliff
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Thanks guys!

I'll take the car to the body shop some time after the new year to get the paint done.
As for now, holiday expences are using most of my spare money.

The door really doesn't look that bad and shouldn't be too hard to fix. The paint on the bumper can all be repainted, too.

The car just passed 60,000 miles on my way to work tonight! :)

So far, the car has had 3 different front bumpers, it is on it's 2nd hood, 3rd pair of head lights, one new fender, 2nd radiator/fans & AC condensor, 2nd back bumper and 3rd windshield.

Cliff
Is it all due to questionable quality, or questionable driving record??
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Its due to several events of bad luck.

Not all the accidents were my fault, either.
My ex fiance drove the car for more than half the milage that is on the car now. She hit a deer with it, hit another car in a parking lot, and hit another car when she was on her way to school.

When I had the car, a rock broke the windshield and the replacement didn't seat properly, so it had to be replaced. I was also in a hit & run where a car drove into the back of me at a stop light and he took off.

I did however drive into the side of a car at a blind intersection when my ex told me it was safe to pull out. Bad idea.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Its due to several events of bad luck.

Not all the accidents were my fault, either.
My ex fiance drove the car for more than half the milage that is on the car now. She hit a deer with it, hit another car in a parking lot, and hit another car when she was on her way to school.

When I had the car, a rock broke the windshield and the replacement didn't seat properly, so it had to be replaced. I was also in a hit & run where a car drove into the back of me at a stop light and he took off.

I did however drive into the side of a car at a blind intersection when my ex told me it was safe to pull out. Bad idea.
Ever thaught that the car may have bad karma?
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."