Favorite music style

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Listening more to this stuff.... wow I definately like this... very aggressive with slow moments. Yeaya!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

If you like that, you should try Sirius satellite radio channels 62 and 63. :)

Cliff

orangelmo

Post by orangelmo »

i like pretty much everything... i just have phases where one genre dominates at a time...right now its like music with like an 80s feel to it, synthesizers and all ex. zoot woman, chromeo. but i'll always love classic house and jungle

mainstream hip hop sux ass at the moment... its all about the underground :twisted:
Last edited by orangelmo on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tickle me?! Dont even try it...
realmadrid6

Post by realmadrid6 »

50 cent, j-kwon, emenem

real good base
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:If you like that, you should try Sirius satellite radio channels 62 and 63. :)

Cliff

LOL I was listening to one of Delphis mixes when I saw this gif, and it matched the rhythm perfectly LOL

And I don't have satellite radio :(
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Don't have one? :?
Well ... get one, damnit! LOL
You *REALLY* don't know what you are missing.
I really HATE listening to FM now. Every FM station sucks now.
Commercials, crap DJs that wont shut up, more commercials, and the same songs played over & over & over & over & over & ....

For around $150 investment, if you get one of the specials on their web site, you can get a radio, car dock kit and a year subscription. Holy cow I'm glad I got it and will NEVER EVER give it up!!!

There are about 180 stations of every kind of music, sports, entertainment, news, weather, traffic and 90% of the stations have NO commercials!!! Some of the talk radio channels, sports & entertainment channels have commercials, but they are short & rarely more than 2 or 3 in a row.
None of the music channels have ANY commercials at all. :)

Sounds like I'm trying to sell it! LOL ... I'm not trying to sell it, I just can't really get across how great it is and how much everyone that tries it, really loves it.

Cliff
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I have serius too.. forgot to mention its CD quality.. sounds much better! bass hits harder too! :lol:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

No, it's not CD quality.
Each channel's bandwidth is dependant on it's content.

Example: News, weather & talk radio does not need much bandwidth because it is only voice reporduction, so the frequency band is limited to only what is needed.

Music requires a much wider frequency spectrum, therefore it is allocated more bandwidth, and results in better music quality. Even though the music gets more bandwidth, it is still not as high a bitrate, even with the compression that is used, as CDs use.

I'm in NO way saying that it sounds bad, because it doesn't, and really does sound great. I am just saying it is not CD quality.

Cliff
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

buy an Ipod with a monster Icar play and store all of your mp3s at 320kb/ps. 8)
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:No, it's not CD quality.

Example: News, weather & talk radio does not need much bandwidth because it is only voice reporduction, so the frequency band is limited to only what is needed.

Music requires a much wider frequency spectrum, therefore it is allocated more bandwidth, and results in better music quality. Even though the music gets more bandwidth, it is still not as high a bitrate, even with the compression that is used, as CDs use.

I'm in NO way saying that it sounds bad, because it doesn't, and really does sound great. I am just saying it is not CD quality.

Cliff
Yeah true, but i cant tell the difference..
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

HARD HOUSE HARDCORE PROGRESSIVE DnB BREAK TRANCE TECHNO
pretty much all electronica. but i also love rock and a lot of rap too.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Guys, does anyone know the name of the techno composition played in the movie "Shaun of the Dead"? They said it was Electronica, but that's the style isn't it? I want the name of that song, it sounded awesome. Please help!!!
Last edited by AcingTeam on Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Cliff
Oz can tell the difference between 128bit and 256... you betta recognize
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

KnightWalace wrote:

Cliff
Oz can tell the difference between 128bit and 256... you betta recognize
LOL ...

But, yes, actually I can, and also between 256k and 320k bitrate.
The speakers and installation make all the difference. They really do.
If you know what to look for, you can hear where the reduced bitrate reduces the quality of reporduction by limiting the spectrum reporduction.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

AcingTeam wrote:Guys, does anyone know the name of the techno composition played in the movie "Shaun of the Dead"? They said it was Electronica, but that's the style isn't it? I want the name of that song, it sounded awesome. Please help!!!
Never mind, found it. It's called hip hop, be bop by man parrish.... pretty cool beat!!