Bunch of random lanos questions

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah the sport is basicly a sx with leather and bpdy kit so it does have abs. im not sure about the hatch rear end but i know that in the sedan you have to remove a plastic trim piece from the inside of the trunk to get to the lights. you can get a remote antena set up on ebay, ive wanted to do the same to my car for years ( since i had the red one)

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

kinkyllama wrote:
daewoomofo wrote:i do
Thanks. That looks great, can't even really tell when looking for it.

Anyone have pictures similiar to this but with a black grill/mesh? I don't think it'll hide it nearly as well but I think I'll still be happy with the results.
I had my mesh powdercoated black and I was not happy with it. You couldn't really tell that there was mesh there at all.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Some Sports came with ABS some didn't. I think the vast majority didn't. When they appeared in 2001, Daewoo was in crisis, so every expensive part was effectively nixed... IE metal valve covers, metal thermostat housings, keyless entry, ABS, etc. To check the easy way, look under the hood towards the upper left side of the passenger bay, next to the plastic covering the harness connections. There should be the ABS pump with a bunch of tubes coming out of it. You can't miss it.
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

As you can see mine is black...but the hood latch part is still silver...my only complaint is you can't see the mesh when it's black.
kinkyllama
Expert

Re: Bunch of random lanos questions

Post by kinkyllama »

kinkyllama wrote:9) ....There are no other mods needed to get the 2.0 in? I don't want any suprises

11) Drivers door lock is broken on the inside part? Anyone deal with this?

12) Did any years/models/Countrys Lanos come without A/C? Whats the dash like? I'm getting ride of my A/C and would like to clean out the controls.

13) How do you remove the rear quarter panels?

14) The 1.6 has a return fuel system right? The 2.0 (U20SED) doesn't so how do I deal with that?

Anyone else have trouble removing the rear taillight covers? I annihilated one of my. Lol. Most of it really wasn't my fault though, I think this lanos was just parked in the Texas sun it's whole life cuz that sucker cracked so easily in so many ways.

Thanks!
Added a couple.
BosnianLanos wrote: There should be the ABS pump with a bunch of tubes coming out of it. You can't miss it.
This lanos have ABS, right? Only on the driver side?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
mikedudley17
Super

Re: Bunch of random lanos questions

Post by mikedudley17 »

kinkyllama wrote:Answered 1) How the hell do you get all the side markers off?
I know you got your answer already and are done, but I thought id throw this tip out there. To get the sidemarkers off my car, I wrapped duct tape all around the sides of the marker a few times, then pinched the tape together over the top of the marker to make a sort of handle and then pulled it forward and out. Literally took about 3 seconds after duct tape was on there. also once you have it wrapped in tape, put a bit of pressure on the marker so that the tape wont slide off, partricularly if its warm out.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

That lanos you linked doesnt seem to have abs.

You cant miss it if it does, usually have 2 pipes from the servo, which go to the abs unit, which distributes the fluid around each corner.

So you'll see 2 in and 4 out. Hard to miss :)
SAZ
---------------------
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

12: Every Lanos came with the same HVAC setup, because every Lanos has at least Heat and a blower. No sense in looking. What you could do is to remove the HVAC controls and replace it with a DIN-sized gauge pod from Glowshift.

13. You can't remove the rear quarters, they're part of the unibody and would need to by CUT off.

14. Pick which one you want. If you want a returnless, just plug the return line and return line port...it should work fine. If you want a return system, install a metric to -6AN fitting on the ends of the Nubira's fuel rail and do away with the OEM FPR, run an SS fuel line from the tank to the filter, filter to fuel rail, fuel rail OUT to aftermarket FPR, FPR back to tank. I've done the latter so if you need help I can take pics, but just leave it returnless of sake of ease. I don't know which system supports more power...so that may be the deciding factor.

That pump, right above the TB and to the right of the plastic wire harness connection cover at the top left of the engine bay is the ABS pump. If it isn't there...you don't have ABS.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BosnianLanos wrote:12: Every Lanos came with the same HVAC setup, because every Lanos has at least Heat and a blower. No sense in looking. What you could do is to remove the HVAC controls and replace it with a DIN-sized gauge pod from Glowshift.

13. You can't remove the rear quarters, they're part of the unibody and would need to by CUT off.

14. Pick which one you want. If you want a returnless, just plug the return line and return line port...it should work fine. If you want a return system, install a metric to -6AN fitting on the ends of the Nubira's fuel rail and do away with the OEM FPR, run an SS fuel line from the tank to the filter, filter to fuel rail, fuel rail OUT to aftermarket FPR, FPR back to tank. I've done the latter so if you need help I can take pics, but just leave it returnless of sake of ease. I don't know which system supports more power...so that may be the deciding factor.

That pump, right above the TB and to the right of the plastic wire harness connection cover at the top left of the engine bay is the ABS pump. If it isn't there...you don't have ABS.
That's a great idea... I wonder if I'll eve put gauges in it though.

Damn wtf. Wait are you sure because I've seen them for sale from autowreckers and such.

Well this lanos is probably going to stay NA so I don't think I'll ever be making over 200whp.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the dash looks exactly the same as a lanos with a/c, just the a/c button is a blank spot. the button is there just you cant push it and its blank

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Anyone remove the tail light covers without any trouble?

I've removed headlight covers nearly 20x and taillights covers for other cars a few times without any trouble. I annihilated the lanos tail lights though. I honestly don't think it would have been possible to get them off without damaging them. I'm guessing it was just because they saw a ton of sun in there life time and were much more brittle. Telling by the paint it looks like my lanos has spent its life in the Texas sun so this wouldn't surprise me but I’m hoping to hear from several other people that they got there’s off without damaging them so I don’t do it again to my new ones.

I’m removing them to cut out the orange piece around the turn signals so my blue-ish signals aren’t distorted but I’m going to leave in the black trim that the orange piece is attached too.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport