Ouch! Really bad idea...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Ouch! Really bad idea...

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Today, I found out it is not a good idea to use the BBQ grill while not wearing any shoes.

A hot briquette fell out of the side onto the ground.

I stepped on it.

HOLY COW! OOOUUUCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The bottom of my little toe and part of the foot just behind it looks kinda cooked, swollen, and has particles of black stuff embedded in the skin. :)

So, today's lesson: Don't step on hot coals with not shoes. LOL

Cliff
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Unless you are Samoan or whatever and got that whole firewalking thing down! :lol:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Another BBQ tip... if you decide to pour gas on the BBQ to get it started be sure to stand a minimum of 5 feet away and throw matches at the BBQ.

Unfortunatly my friend neglected to do this and lost his eyelashes, part of his eybrows and a 1/2" of hair ...... then again he's a dumbass so perhaps he deserved it. :P
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Was there, perhaps, alcohol involved in your friend's petrolium related incident? LOL

As for myself, I grew complacent in my BBQ safety measures because I was slow smoking ribs for so long.

After 6 hours, being as careful as I usually am was not on my mind.

mmMMMmm.... 8 hour, 3 sauce ribs.

Cliff
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I don't know how you guys in the USA Barbeque stuff but its an absolute must that you have at least a half dozen drinks before starting up the BBQ here in Canada (well.... at least that's the way it is in Alberta... which is sort of like Texas ) :D
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

There usually is beer when using the grill here, too, but I am visiting a friend's house this weekend who does not drink and beer is not included in his diet (he has lost 120 pounds so far!!).

Wow ... starting ribs at 10am so they will be ready by 6pm... turning and brushing on sauce every 10 mins or so ... no wonder my mind was not on that hot coal.

In the end, the ribs were so good, maybe it was a fair trade: great ribs for a burned foot. Then again, no it wasn't. The ribs will only be a memory by next week and I'll still be limping! LOL

Cliff