Looking to buy an Opel GT

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Looking to buy an Opel GT

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well..... I'm at it again...looking for yet another Opel.... I love the look of the older Opel GT's when they are fixed up nicely.

I found one locally that is in the middle of restoration so I am very tempted to buy it.

I'd like to drop in a 2.0L turbo with a 6spd tranny ( it's rear wheel drive :) )

Here is what I would turn it into....

2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

should make a nice project..... once again im jealouse... i wish i cold afford a project car of that caliber

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Don't they call those the "mini" vette cause they look like a scaled down corvette of the same era?
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

just do it
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

jidasas wrote:Don't they call those the "mini" vette cause they look like a scaled down corvette of the same era?
It's more like the Corvette Stingray was a bigger fatter Opel GT :)

I will call the guy tommorow to see where lives so I can drop by and see it..... it's a 1971 model with 97,000 original miles.

I have to get rid of some old vehicles to make room.

Oh.... by the way... this particular Opel GT is on Ebay.... the guy wants $15000 which is a great deal.

The local guy here only wants $3500 and it comes with a pile of spare parts.

I know it will take quite a bit to get it to look like this Blue GT but I just love the shape of the car.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

ive always loved the GT's!

again... DO IT! :)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

do it! www.opelgtsource.com has three redtop motors for sell with RWD trannys, stand alone EMU's... the works and not a bad price either. I've talked to Gil (the owner of GT source) several times about doing a 16v conversion in a GT, he has the motors but as far as he knows there are NONE in North America with the conversion... once again you would likely have a "FIRST IN NORTH AMERICA" tittle!

I'll help in any way needed... motor mounting flanges, redtop intake flange (if you go that route)...

couple tips... if you go with a redtop make it with DIS there are clearence issues with the distriputer and firewall, or use an iron-eco motor. you will most likely need a custom intake manifold becuase of clearance issues with the right inner fender.

DO IT!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Forgetting about Sump clearance Garrett?

You might need one of the flatter sumps of something like an Opel Manta, as the redtop alluminium sumps pretty deep. Not sure about clearence that way. But most rwd redtop conversions require the dis-pack setup and a different sump.
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

good thinking! I'll have to call gtsource to see what the GT k-member looks like. he could use the T22SED oil pan and dipstick as it's to the front of the motor where the there sumps are to the back of the motor.

also if he wanted, I have the sump/oil pump flange ready to be cut, he could do a custom piece if needed :D

Garrett
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Wow..... I think you guys are more excited than I am LOL

I haven't had a chance to call him yet.... I still have to see what the wife says.... I have way too many cars as it is allready.

I've allways wanted a GT and after seeing the blue one I have say that I almost wet my pants.... it's a very nice looking setup.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Wow..... I think you guys are more excited than I am LOL

I haven't had a chance to call him yet.... I still have to see what the wife says.... I have way too many cars as it is allready.

I've allways wanted a GT and after seeing the blue one I have say that I almost wet my pants.... it's a very nice looking setup.
That GT looks amazing !! I love the shape and colours and it looks really unique. I hope your wife says yes lol.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Today she said "what ever, do what ever you want" which is female code for " It's not like I can stop you... it's your money... don't you have too many cars allready?"

Truthfully I'm back and fourth about it..... I really do like it but I have to think of where it's going to fit into my life since I allready have the "GSiTurbo" car I bought off of Tom last year.

I really would like the GT...... and I have the money to make it like the blue one (or even better ) so it's really tempting.

I think I will give the guy a call tommorow
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
DAEWOOLeganza

Post by DAEWOOLeganza »

haha this seems like to much thought for me... if i was in your position ied be like uhhh BUY...
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

That sounds like female code for 'I can't stop you, it's your money, but i'm gonna be so annoyed and pissed off at you if you buy it even though I said whatever do what you want, you're supposed to have kown that meant no'.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

women.....

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!