**On the prowl. **New nexia's on it's way! :D

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Pir0
Expert

**On the prowl. **New nexia's on it's way! :D

Post by Pir0 »

Well, as i'm sure some of ya know from the members cars section, my woo's too far gone...
Rust well and truely caught up with it, big time.. :smt087

I'm on the lookout for a new Nexia. Body work has to be in good nick, don't care in all honesty what's wrong with the engine as my 2.0's getting dunked straight in. If any of you UK boys are ever on ebay by the offchance and there's a nexia in Northern ireland going for sale, please, gimme a shout cause although I'll be hunting long and hard for a new one, I might let one slip past un-noticed.

I've got a question for you Lanos boys and girls.. How alike are they to the mk2 astras? I havent had the chance too look around one. Underneath and the engine bay, are they the same? I've a treated petrol tank, rear suspension arm with disks, and a Vauxhall 2.0 engine and box, but I dunno how alike they are. ALso, i've a Opel Kadett GSI/Vauxhall Astra GTE interior. Front Buckets, and rear seats, no door cards or trim. Will that fit? Thanks in advance..

Well and truley gutted about this.
There's pics of the car up in my Scuff thread.

:smt085
Last edited by Pir0 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

as for how alike the nexia/astra mk2 and lanos is... well obviously they dnt look the same, but inside they have the same feeling of space and where evrything is located, and again under the bonnet, evrything is pretty much exactly where it would be. as far as we all know the engine mounts are the same, etc.
havent yet tried swapping body panels though... lol, but i have thought about a nexia front on the lanos.

when people see a nexia they usually think "ahh... astra... no?"
but then if you had that 2.0 lump in a lanos, well its a whole different story really. (just tell people its the 1.3/4 model) lol

i think the front seats are quite likely to fit. probly not the rears tho.
all the other technical bits may well just bolt straight in, or with minor modification.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Thats what I was thinking, and hoping for.

Didnt think the back seats would fit but thought the fronts had a good enough chance.

Most people over here don't know nexia's were based on mk2s. Even less know the lanos' were. I still tell people my car's only a 1.5 16v. Not because I'm cocky or want them to think they could be quicker than me, but because I live around a lot of scumbags/car theives and don't want them knowing it's basically a mk2 astra with a bigger engine.

The lanos was just an idea, infact i'd thought a v6 in a lanos, no one would see that coming. If it's the same as a mk2, engine bay ways, it'd be possible. x25xe or the x30xe. [2.5/3.0 v6s from omegas, ecotec.]

Still looking for a Nexia though, love the shape of them. Was always fond of the mk2's and when i noticed the nexia was pretty much a facelift version with less rust [in most cases :(] than a mk2, you can guess why i've got one atm. lol.
Last edited by Pir0 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAZ
---------------------
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

in all honesty i think you should find a newer and better lanos shell, or a running car... this will accept the swap easily, the only thing will be the wiring wich is not a big deal.

there have been a few nexias transformed into mk2 astras, so the difference is obvious...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I know that. But I don't like Lanos's in all honesty.

I don't mind a bit of work, but my Nexia atm is just too far gone for saving, unfortunatly..

Think i'll just try and find a cleaner nexia and take the appropriate measures to making sure it never ends up like my current one. Don't care if it's running or not, as long as the body works fine and it's structurally sound, my engines getting put in anyway so it makes no difference to me if its running, in a way, i'd rather it wasnt so it'd be cheaper to buy, but I dont want a car that's been lying up for ages like mine.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if you can afford it, keep your old car also, just put a 1.5 in it. deive it when the weather is crappy. you will still be in a woo but you dont have to worry if it gets trashed.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I wouldn't even be able to MOT it m8, so it's not road worthy.

When I get my new one it'll become a shed or broke for spares. For example, The interior minus a few of the trim which are broken etc, the wings arent too bad for example, bumpers are ok, few scrapes but if i were ever in an accident I'm sure they'd be better than what'd be left of the other ones, then there's things like My new suspension items, wishbones, springs, shocks, droplinks, anti roll bars, ball joints, suspension arm and rear disks, front disks pads and calipers, bonnet, boothatch and sexy grill. front and rear lights, brake master cylinder and servo, heater matrix, dashboard, door cars and carpets, all fiddly bits like that.

Also, one thing I'd love to try with a spare bonnet would be this:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?sh ... 24009&st=0

I was looking at the Nexia bonnet, and underneath it, between 2 of the structural parts, there's 2 gaps, that would look identical to an Evo vent without the boldness of the lip infront of it/down the centre. I have always planned something like this for a bit of heatsoak when i get a turbo'd motor. [in the farrrr future] as the holes will be RIGHT above the exhaust manifold/turbo. Only downfall to this is people can see it's turbo'd :/

Anyways. All salvagable parts will be taken off. So it won't go to waste. Definatly not.

Also get to practice welding on it, now that I'm not too worried about things being perfect. :)
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

dude if you want to see rusted, look at my truck.....

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol that may be worse, but over here we've got an inspection called MOT and if it doesnt pass that it's not road worthy, and, holes in chassis legs, sills, arches, DOORS and other structural parts deem my car un road worthy.

I'd love to keep it and drive it properly, but... It's just not going to happen.
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

what would a mk2 astra fetch? the nexia and mk2 are identical aside from the front body wrap. hell I've see mk2's with the nexia conversion, however I still prefer the classic mk2 style
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

Not sure about Ireland but in mainland uk you can get a good Nexia for very little money now. I gave mine away 3 years ago. Mechanically sound but the sills & rear wheel arches were rotten. They are a great cheap car and the dohc is surprisingly very nippy with good acceleration - and with no street cred the lowlife thieving scum leave them alone.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

mk2's in Ireland are becoming a rarity now.

A standard gm head redtop goes for 500+. A mk2 astra with a redtop goes for at least 1000+
For a decent Mk Astra GTE you're looking at very least 1500-2000. Unmolested and unmodded ones are practically unheard off, at least the GTEs anyway.

For a standard like, 1.2 pushrod engined mk2 astra they're somewhat cheaper, usually owned by an old man or woman and rare to come by. But usually, you do get them cheaper.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Pir0, just out of intrest, do u know whether it would be much hassle importing a car from england?
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

It's not that much hassel, we've all the same rules and regulations. Lots of cars get brought over, infact, a friend of mine wants to go over and buy a mk2 Astra GTE, a clean one, and fill it, as in, back seats and boot with redtops, and ship it/drive it back over here.

As far as i know, there's no difference in driving a car here that's been shipped in than still driving it in mainland uk, as NI is part of the UK...

If you're thinking about a Nexia, dunno if i'd go to the hassle, as they're cheap as chips over here. Just hard sourcing a clean one...
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

well, over here you can easily find top condition nexias for low prices.

have a look on ebay and autotrader, etc.