At the Track

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

At the Track

Post by Efratech »

Sorry for beeing of the board this days a LOT of work and no free time to sit a home

Finally, the car is on the street, but i have to get my hand on a new fuel pump, cos has u may know my car was a 1.5 8v, now is a 2.0 8v (115hp - torque 110lbs/ft@3800rpm), cos the car is leaning at 5300 rpms (the limiter is at 6500 rpm) but anyways i took my 4door to the track sartuday night (with the fuel problem and a bad TPS sensor), i manage to pass 4 times the best a 17.4 1/4 mile reving it at 5100 rpm, so those 1400 rpm left will make a huge diference on the times, so with a good tuning and the car on perfect condition ill be on 16.5 or near, so for summer im planning to get some headears, port/polish head, and maybe some NOS, if i dont go for the NOS ill go for shaved head for higher compresion.

So im kinda happy with only 500ccs more and the fuel problems, the car is 1.2s secs faster than my previous engine (1.5 8v,intake, exhaust, best time 18.6sec)

gonna keep u updated with the car, maybe next saturday im going again to the track with a new fuel pump and TPS sensor, lets see how it goes

take care

maniac16v
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
tango

Post by tango »

Great going Playa! Knew you would figure the problem out. That's how our Woos woo!!
Keep it coming, dude!
Cogito ergo sum...
Efratech
Admin

News

Post by Efratech »

Sartuday night i went to the track, again with the fuel problem!

but i manage to make a decent 16.80 and belive it or not a reaction time of .500 and .501, also i own the prize of best REACTION TIME of the night, some US$30, i already bought a new fuel pump to fix the leaning problem at 5200rpm. tomorrow im gonna install it, some next sartuday im going again to the track and test some times, the numbers are getting better at every try, and the car is working great,

unfortunally i couldt get the ticket with the times,

so, this is all for now,

maniac16v
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

News...

i changed the Fuel pump, but i forgot about something, the INJECTORS im using the old ones (1.5 8v), so now i have to get my hands on a set of 2.0 inyectors,

i went again to the track on a very hot night (our cars love cold temp) and got the numbers 17.17, 17.2, 17.31 so the cars seems constant at those times, again with the Leaning problem at 5200 rpms,

here's my car at the track, sorry for the brightness but the picture was wayy toooo dark
wrath

Post by wrath »

Hey, if you wanted a race car why didn't you buy a minivan? Select early 90s minivans were supercharged and ran high 14s in the quarter mile with some tweaking. They can haul a lot of asses and haul ass. Heck, first generation Cavaliers ran 17s bone stock and you can pick them up for under a grand.

There's nothing wrong with buying a Daewoo but there is everything wrong with thinking they're a race car. They're supposed to be a comfortable, efficient, enjoyable, and inexpensive car.
"My lugnuts require more torque than your Daewoo makes."
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

wrath wrote:Hey, if you wanted a race car why didn't you buy a minivan? Select early 90s minivans were supercharged and ran high 14s in the quarter mile with some tweaking. They can haul a lot of asses and haul ass. Heck, first generation Cavaliers ran 17s bone stock and you can pick them up for under a grand.

There's nothing wrong with buying a Daewoo but there is everything wrong with thinking they're a race car. They're supposed to be a comfortable, efficient, enjoyable, and inexpensive car.
I totally agree with you. When people pull up to me at Red lights I know that Im not going to race them because I would just be humilated. It's not really about the engine, its just about the lack of third party support that Daewoo has.

It's a fact, Daewoos make better show cars than race cars.
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I'm not totally agree w\ you guys. When I'm in a reed light, and some one want to race I race, I know I can win. That the only fact that make the diference. And a secret here. I win mos of the times. No, I no race w\ 1.4 cars, I race w\ Honda, Mirages, Tec, Eclipses, Toyotas. My firs time in the Race park I made a time of 17.4, I never been a the ? before. I get 3 place w\ my friends, the best time 17.2 (masda protege 5, 2 time in the race park), 2 place Eclisse turbo 17.3 (in the his last pass), 4 place, Civic cope v-tec, inter cooler like Intake, mole gas lb, to much ego, time 17.6.

I agree whe have the problem of after market parts, but for that reason we are here. And whe can make the diference. Probably we must pay more to get a part or to custumise ant part, but if we can reduce .02 or more we are making something. Agree?

Maniac whatengine do you have now. Frank put the trotle of a nubira in his lanos new constant time 17.1. the only lanos here wo touch the 17 secs. :twisted: Belive, in you and in your car, if you think you gone lose before try... you already lost
ImageImage
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

One more thing you can have the mega mods in your car but that car also need a worty driver or will not do nothing. :twisted:
ImageImage
wrath

Post by wrath »

mocpac_ser wrote:I'm not totally agree w\ you guys. When I'm in a reed light, and some one want to race I race, I know I can win. That the only fact that make the diference. And a secret here. I win mos of the times. No, I no race w\ 1.4 cars, I race w\ Honda, Mirages, Tec, Eclipses, Toyotas. My firs time in the Race park I made a time of 17.4, I never been a the ? before. I get 3 place w\ my friends, the best time 17.2 (masda protege 5, 2 time in the race park), 2 place Eclisse turbo 17.3 (in the his last pass), 4 place, Civic cope v-tec, inter cooler like Intake, mole gas lb, to much ego, time 17.6.

I agree whe have the problem of after market parts, but for that reason we are here. And whe can make the diference. Probably we must pay more to get a part or to custumise ant part, but if we can reduce .02 or more we are making something. Agree?

Maniac whatengine do you have now. Frank put the trotle of a nubira in his lanos new constant time 17.1. the only lanos here wo touch the 17 secs. :twisted: Belive, in you and in your car, if you think you gone lose before try... you already lost
17.4 isn't fast. My 4400lb truck with tires taller than your mirrors are off the ground gets high 16s. My truck has barn door aerodynamics so I always smoke everything in the eighth and they start gaining on me like I'm standing still after that. Traffic light to traffic light most FWD or AWD vehicles can't compete. AWD cars usually kick my ass in the first 60' but they're toast until we're going around 80mph.

Honda S2000s are a lot of fun to pick on. RX7s are fun to pick on because of the rotary sound. I just like to hear it wind out and then wait for a bang as the apex seals take a dump. So far I haven't heard any apex seals go.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

OK, give me the spect of your truck. Many cars no pass the 18 seg, and the others (no sport cars) also stay in the 17segs. All depends in the weigth and specs.

You hava a a truck. Ok if you run w\ me as you said the firs 1/8 of mile probably I get in front but afther your truck get power to move you will get in front of me. That is a fact. But for make a mod to get more power I velive a will get a better response. :twisted:

But you run your truck agains a chevi muscle car any one and the story will be totaly diferent. 8)
ImageImage
wrath

Post by wrath »

mocpac_ser wrote:OK, give me the spect of your truck. Many cars no pass the 18 seg, and the others (no sport cars) also stay in the 17segs. All depends in the weigth and specs.

You hava a a truck. Ok if you run w\ me as you said the firs 1/8 of mile probably I get in front but afther your truck get power to move you will get in front of me. That is a fact. But for make a mod to get more power I velive a will get a better response. :twisted:

But you run your truck agains a chevi muscle car any one and the story will be totaly diferent. 8)
After the eighth is when people start gaining on me. I just don't have the horsepower to push the brick through the air once 80mph rolls around. AWD cars usually smoke me in the 60' but I pass them before they get any meat in second gear.

305 small block chevy (not a 350) making right around 275 horses and 310ftlbs at the crank. My old 350 made about 80 horsepower more. 700R4 transmission, 3.42 gears, and 33x12.50 rubber.

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

wrath wrote:Hey, if you wanted a race car why didn't you buy a minivan? Select early 90s minivans were supercharged and ran high 14s in the quarter mile with some tweaking. They can haul a lot of asses and haul ass. Heck, first generation Cavaliers ran 17s bone stock and you can pick them up for under a grand.

thats true, but whats wrong with trying to be faster? with no big mods my car now runs 16.1... (exhaust and a custom CAI)

and Yes its frustrating and sometimes i just want to sell the damn car and buy a some honda.

but its good to see at least some people also belives this cars have some potential, remember our engines are based on Vauxhall/Opel engines... yes GM... do some research