SR20DET lanos

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Alan_98SE

SR20DET lanos

Post by Alan_98SE »

Alrighty guys...tell me what you think pls

we have been thinking about this...and purchasing a nissan pulsar gti-r front cut is looking pretty sweet, currently a 98 lanos SE 1.5 sohc, so do ya think it would be worth doing?? put in the sr20 and gearbox into the lil lanos

input appreciated:)
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Thats a BIG BIG job with A LOT of custom parts required... Depends on your goals and budget i guess...

For me - if I wanted a Nissan engine-d car i'd buy a Nissan... :lol:

I've seen a Camira (same GM Family-I engine as Lanos) with a CA18DET in it... so yes - anything is possible with enough budget, but i'd be asking why? 8)

Dont know how you'd go with getting it engineered either since the GTiR engine would be older than the Lanos engine...

--Tim
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

is not rocket science.

you need to be sure you aling the engine correctly, custom engine mounts, you will need some custom work with the driveshafts and CVs. nothing a good machine shop cant do. and the electric stuff is not that bad either.

should be a nice proyect.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

but where do you live?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Alan_98SE

Cheers

Post by Alan_98SE »

Thanks Fella's

Im from australia, central queensland, and why?? :lol: i just think it would be an awesome project and would haul pretty well in a little light lanos...that plus its not common to see a modified lanos, not where i am from anyway.

Thanks again :D
Alan_98SE

Hmmm

Post by Alan_98SE »

And if they do decide to introduce these high performance ...no turbo/superchargers of v8s, ive been told start with the N14 pulsar engine althought they dont have as strong internals, any other ideas?
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

well now being a nissan owner with an sr20de 240sx I know a little about these cars. I am not quite sure about the fwd version but I know the electrical will be a world of pain. You would obviously have to use the nissan ecu and wire in for tach signal speedo and a lot of other things like fuel pump relays and headlights. I am also not sure about the emmision laws in austrillia but I know if they are somewhat strict putting an obdI engine into an obdII equiped car will make it illegal.

if you want to do a build up on the engine to increase the psi of the turbo, alls what you need to do is to upgrade the internals, I have seen a few guys boosting around 27 psi and creating something like 430 hp in a 240sx. but I know the internals are all interchangeable as far as the internals go and i have looked into it for my car since it is non turbo and has a higher compression I know I will blow the motor up if I try to boost anything more than 7 psi. so if you have any questions ask me about it and hopefully I will be able to help you out. I am not really that sure about going into the lanos bay, but it would be an awesome project and the aftermarket support for these engines is absolutely amazing.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Forget the SR20DET..... if you want to be unique drop in a 2.5L or 3.0L Holden V6.... the install has never been done to my knowledge.

The install is identical to that of the Astra MK2... since lanos is simply an Astra chassis with a different body on it.

I think the SR20DET is something that's possible...... but it would defnitly be a big expensive project.

Given the Holden V6's are a dime a dozen in Australia... it wouldn't take much to make it work.

I'd stick with an F20 transmission ( big brother of the Lanos F16 )..... the F20 and F16 look identical.... it's just that the F20 has stronger internals.

Normally I would suggest the C20LET ( 2.0L turbo ) swap..... but I've searched high and low in Australia for a good C20LET... and the cheapest one I found at a wrecking yard was over $3000
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
whitetiger2nv
Junior

Post by whitetiger2nv »

love an sr20...from a pulsar sss or a 200sx??
Daewoo Lanos 2000 HB
17" Gestalt Virouge Rims
205/40/R17 Tyres
4.5" Canon Exhaust