05 Chevy Aveo questions

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

200miPerDay

05 Chevy Aveo questions

Post by 200miPerDay »

So I bought an 05 Aveo and I like it for my daily driver. Its not my 95 Camaro Z28, but it works! Im wondering if the Aveo is sold anywhere else as something different, and what the 1.6L motor is used in besides my car. Any help? Thanks.

Mark
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

The Chevy Aveo is a rebadged Daewoo Lanos with different body styles. So essentially your engine should be the same as my Lanos and just about everyone else's Lanos (except the ones who've swapped out engines).

I don't know if the Aveo model is being sold elsewhere though.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Actually, the Aveo is not a Lanos. It is the Daewoo Kalos (which means "death" in Greek). The Kalos was the replacement for the Lanos that used many of the same parts, but it is a newer design.

In Canada, the Aveo is sold as the Pontiac Wave.

The Aveo shares a very similar 1.6L with the Lanos, and in other countries, that engine is also in the Daewoo Nubira/Suzuki Forenza (Daewoo Lacetti)/Suzuki Reno(Daewoo Lacetti hatchback). There are some differences between the Lanos 1.6 and the Aveo 1.6, such as the shape of the intake holes on the head, the injector location and a few other minor things, but if needed, the engines could be swapped with no great hardship. There are also changes between the pre 2001 Lanos engines and the 2001-2003 Lanos engines, so not all the parts are interchangable.

In other contries, the Lanos and Kalos (Aveo) are available with the 1.3L 3cyl, 1.4L 3cyl, 1.5L 4cyl and 1.6L 4cyl.
xanadu

Post by xanadu »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Actually, the Aveo is not a Lanos. It is the Daewoo Kalos (which means "death" in Greek). The Kalos was the replacement for the Lanos that used many of the same parts, but it is a newer design.
From what I read, Kalos means Beautiful in Greek.

Kalos is here in the UK, mine is a nice little 1.2
See Beyond The Light, Find your Darker Side (www.darksideonline.co.uk
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Quick add on is that it's possible to transplant the 1.8L, 2.0L and 2.2L engines into your Aveo/Kalos/Wave/Sprint.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

Chris.... where would I get such an engine swap?

Also, for many of your Aveo/Kalos/Wave/Swift+/Barina questions try visiting www.AveoClub.net they have a large wealth of Kalos aimed topics and ideas.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

whiteraven wrote:Chris.... where would I get such an engine swap?

Also, for many of your Aveo/Kalos/Wave/Swift+/Barina questions try visiting www.AveoClub.net they have a large wealth of Kalos aimed topics and ideas.
I suppose that info hasn't been ripped off Aveoclub.proboards26.com or Daewootech.com and coppied onto Aveoclub.net yet.

If you search Daewootech ( the ultimate knowledge base for Daewoo vehicles ) you would also find dozens of pages worth of good info on engine swaps.

As for www.Aveoclub.net I'm still not supporting that site due to personal reasons.

Most of the technical info from aveoclub.proboards26.com and aveoclub.net came from Daewootech.com (where do you think Brian got most of his info??? )

As such I would encourage Chevrolet Aveo users to make this their number one stop for Chevrolet Aveo/Daewoo Kalos information.

I will no longer be posting technical information such as product links, engine swaps or turbo installations for the Aveo/Kalos/Swift on any location other than Daewootech.com.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

I'm cool with that Chris...sorry about what happened to AveoClubs.proboards26....it is unfortunate that they would kill a site instead of just offering another.