Im through with my Lanos!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gti_7

Im through with my Lanos!!

Post by gti_7 »

Hi guys/gals..

thats it.. im sick of the car.. its outta here! its small.. and just doesnt work for me anymore.. what a waste..! so im looking at trading it in..
for another daewoo :wink: this time something bigger.. a '02 Nubira wagon with an autoshift :roll: -->wife dont do 5 speeds :?

If anyone here can give me some pointers and ideas what to look for and what not.. that would be great. do they have the same timing belt issue? hows the Gm tranny? thoughts? brakes? can i use my shock tower brace from my lanos on the nubira?

im also thinking of ditching the 185-65-14's for 215-50-15's :twisted:

btw i love my lanos.. its literally been gas-n-go with it. 101250kms thus far.. ands its a 2000!

thanks for the help
bernard
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Where are you from ?

I noticed that you mentioned kilometers..... if your in Canada I might be interested in purchasing your car.

Is it a hatchback or sedan?
What engine is in it?
Auto or Manual?
More details....

I sold my Lanos and bought an Optra 5 as my daily driver but I was thinking about getting another high mileage Lanos for tinkering with.... I still have my C20GET (2.0L 8V Turbo) so I was thinking of making a Lanos drag car.

If your looking for cars you should really look at the Optra or Optra 5.... I got 0% financing and it cost me $19,800 with every option available..... air, sunroof, MP3/CD player, power everything.

It look better in person than it does in a picture for some reason.... I love mine.... and it looks like a Mazda 3 Wagon/Hatchback
gti_7

Post by gti_7 »

welp.. i live about 6000kms EAST of where you are. Im from the city that lost the "duel" with Toronto in Game seven the other night :roll:

I wouldnt mind selling you my car, but there is one exception.. its being leased, and as such, you'd have to pay for the buyout cost [5600] which i think its too high considering they go from 700-1500 whole sale.

you'd have better luck with something closer to your area.
but for arguments sake.. here are my "Specs"

2000 SX Hatchback. 5 speed, a/c, upgraded the stock [whimpy] 185-60-14's to [meatier] 195-50-15's on 6.5" rims rather than the 5.5's that came with the car.

i have a shock tower brace installed.

i replaced the cd deck with another sony after some fool tried to steal mine and couldnt get it out.. so they !@#$'d it up..

i removed my last muffler and replaced it with a straight pipe.

something must be right with my car.. it pulls strong.. i call it my lil prelude killer :twisted: well.. up until 1990 anyway.. not the redesigned after the pop-up headlights.

gas mileage is really decent too.. on 28 liters, i put on 381kms worth of city driving. thats equal to 7.4liters for every 100kms or.. 13.36kms on a liter of fuel! :D

...thanks for the interest.
im off to do more research :wink:
bernard
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hmmm..... The Lanos you are describing is exactly what I want... Lanos Hatchback SX with 5spd.....too bad there is such a high residual value on the lease.

I'm looking for something closer to the $3000 range and with that kind of mileage your probably right to say that the wholesale is about $1000.

I'm coming out to Montreal and Ottawa this summer for a business trip so it would be the perfect "rental car" substitute.... and I could write off a good portion of the gas and car purchase.

An "unlimited kilometer" rental for a two weeks ends up being pretty expensive so my thought was to fly to Montreal (or Ottawa or Toronto) and buy a Daewoo Lanos.

I'd drive it around for my business trip out east and then drive it back here to Edmonton.

Would you mind if I ask who are you leasing the car off of???

I was allways a bit confused about how leases worked after Daewoo went under..... I was trying to figure out where the cars ended up..... they must go to a liquidation company that sends them to a dealer auction.

I would really like to be able to contact the place you got your lease from..... they will get next to nothing for it at auction.

There are very few Daewoo cars out west here.... especially Lanos SX's

As well the prices are typically $2000 higher here than they are in Ontario/Quebec

This is because there are a billion of these little cars for sale in your area at the moment. (autotrader has several pages worth in both provinces)

Did you ever change the Timing belt?

I also know people in Kanata so I could probably convince one of them to purchase and store the car for me if your lease comes up fairly quickly.

It's too bad you don't own it.... but then again if you did you probably wouldn't want to sell it for next to nothing.

I'd appreciate any info you could give me..... thanks