protect yourself from police camera

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ooobiserooo
Junior

protect yourself from police camera

Post by ooobiserooo »

:) dont know how is in your contry but croatia has a lot of police cameras out. But if u speed and the camera dont see your plates they cant charge you :)

here is what u need to "tune" your plates!

1. transparent boat varnis
2. Hair varnish (the spray)

first paint with boat varnish; when it dryes spray it with hair spray

to test it use flash from a camera :)
dog

Post by dog »

You sneaky little devil
04 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 with dreams of 325 hp per liter.
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

I will stick with a radar detector. Both are illegal, but I prefer not to get shooted (with a camera) rather than being stopped and...
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I use the best method of all for not getting pulled over... hehe I don't speed more then about 10mph over the speed limit unless I'm reasonably sure there is no cops around. :)
ooobiserooo
Junior

Post by ooobiserooo »

Joso wrote:I will stick with a radar detector. Both are illegal, but I prefer not to get shooted (with a camera) rather than being stopped and...
ah! damn! there is now low in my contry conserning the plates. Except to be visible/clean (for eyes) hehhehe
And as radar detector is not illegal but the prices i found "sky high"

anyway yust a chep trick :)
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

ooobiserooo wrote:
Joso wrote:I will stick with a radar detector. Both are illegal, but I prefer not to get shooted (with a camera) rather than being stopped and...
ah! damn! there is now low in my contry conserning the plates. Except to be visible/clean (for eyes) hehhehe
And as radar detector is not illegal but the prices i found "sky high"

anyway yust a chep trick :)
Oh! In that case the plate trick sounds fine :p
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You can buy special license plate covers that are curved in such a manner that they can only be read when looking straight at them, not at an angle. All the camera sees is a curvy blur where the license plate is and they can never charge.

BTW, Biser, I know what you mean about the cameras in Croatia. I got caught going too fast in the tunnel going into Rijeka. They were really uptight because the day before, they clocked some guy going 240 km/h and they were unable to catch him, so they were really being strict with all drivers.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BosnianLanos wrote:You can buy special license plate covers that are curved in such a manner that they can only be read when looking straight at them, not at an angle. All the camera sees is a curvy blur where the license plate is and they can never charge.

BTW, Biser, I know what you mean about the cameras in Croatia. I got caught going too fast in the tunnel going into Rijeka. They were really uptight because the day before, they clocked some guy going 240 km/h and they were unable to catch him, so they were really being strict with all drivers.
Im not sure if that would work for the newer cameras they're putting in on the freeways here.. for each car that speeds theres 3-4+ cameras that get it at every angle possible... im sure they can figure it out.

hmm.. I wounder if you go over a certain speed if they can get your license #
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

^ topgear did that. 214mph :lol:
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

kinkyllama wrote:hmm.. I wounder if you go over a certain speed if they can get your license #
try it

lol

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

daewoomofo wrote:
kinkyllama wrote:hmm.. I wounder if you go over a certain speed if they can get your license #
try it

lol
I almost did.. as of now they're only taking your pic and warning you.. no ticket, points, or fine.. but my parents would still see it and get pretty mad :roll:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

thats the nice part of graduating and moving out on your own

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

1 more day and those camera's give tickets Kinky...(they start on the 22nd) And i'm glad that the state is putting a ban on those camera's... using the argument that " the camera's didn't stop the person from speeding, the person could go on down the road still endangering others without caring, or even knowing they got a ticket." In my opinion, they're just a money making trap anyway... Not that the city of scottdale needs any more money then they already have... :-/

I've heard of people who have that reflective stuff on their plates, getting caught and paying more than just the ticket... But at the same time, i've never met these people so... i wouldn't know if it's just a ploy by the state, but i don't care, i wouldn't take the chance... lol... Just don't run red lights/speed around camera's... and definately don't run reds... thats just not smart...
~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Aneab wrote:1 more day and those camera's give tickets Kinky...(they start on the 22nd) And i'm glad that the state is putting a ban on those camera's... using the argument that " the camera's didn't stop the person from speeding, the person could go on down the road still endangering others without caring, or even knowing they got a ticket." In my opinion, they're just a money making trap anyway... Not that the city of scottdale needs any more money then they already have... :-/

I've heard of people who have that reflective stuff on their plates, getting caught and paying more than just the ticket... But at the same time, i've never met these people so... i wouldn't know if it's just a ploy by the state, but i don't care, i wouldn't take the chance... lol... Just don't run red lights/speed around camera's... and definately don't run reds... thats just not smart...
~Kyle
Are they for sure getting rid of them? Hopfully.. they're kinda dangerous.. one went of near me on the 101 and scared the crap out of me. I know if I were to run a redlight and it went off id probably kill someone.

Besides... racing on the freeway is one of the safest places.. you dont have to worry about cars turning out or people.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
ooobiserooo
Junior

Post by ooobiserooo »

kinkyllama wrote:
Aneab wrote:1 more day and those camera's give tickets Kinky...(they start on the 22nd) And i'm glad that the state is putting a ban on those camera's... using the argument that " the camera's didn't stop the person from speeding, the person could go on down the road still endangering others without caring, or even knowing they got a ticket." In my opinion, they're just a money making trap anyway... Not that the city of scottdale needs any more money then they already have... :-/

~Kyle
Are they for sure getting rid of them? Hopfully.. they're kinda dangerous.. one went of near me on the 101 and scared the crap out of me. I know if I were to run a redlight and it went off id probably kill someone.

Besides... racing on the freeway is one of the safest places.. you dont have to worry about cars turning out or people.
:? maybe i am crazy but i dont like fast driving on open roads! for me the best place is in the city! about 14:00, the trafic is not to big and there is minimal num of police cars! its not fun for me unless im constantly shifting and turning thrue trafic.