First Egyptian Woo meet

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

technically "type-r" according to the FIA means the vehicle is suited for track use as well as street use from a stock perspective. It is basically for class rankings set forth for touring, GT, endurance, etc type races for production cars (not le mans prototypes)

examples:

Honda Civic SiR
Honda Civic Type-R
Nissian Skyline GT-R
Nissian Sentra Spec V SE-R
Acura/Honda Integra Type-R
etc

i have "Type-S" on my car, which is used to designate "Touring" cars. same idea... a "Type-S" car is endurance ready from the factory. not many cars come with this though, and usually everyone thinks Honda/Acura came up with it for the RSX...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

HUMMM... this means that the TYPE R thing is not just for hondas after all, so it is OK to put one without trying to look like a honda or so.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
aymoons

The Type-R thing clarified

Post by aymoons »

First of all, thanks for the clarification Audacityracing. I am sure "some people" learned a lot from your last post.

and second, Indeed the Type-R is not just for Honda, so come on CustomLanos chill out man, I agree with you on one thing, one should not put a sticker on his car of a car make other than his. :wink:
Now here are the facts:
1. I know that Type-R is not just for Honda.
2. Given the above, I did not put it on my car out of ignorance Karim, and Yes R does stand for Racing. :lol:

Now if anyone still wants to know why the sticker, then ok, the sticker is there coz I intend to convert my Lanos into a mean racing machine.
:twisted:
karim
Junior

Re: The Type-R thing clarified

Post by karim »

aymoons wrote:First of all, thanks for the clarification Audacityracing. I am sure "some people" learned a lot from your last post.

and second, Indeed the Type-R is not just for Honda, so come on CustomLanos chill out man, I agree with you on one thing, one should not put a sticker on his car of a car make other than his. :wink:
Now here are the facts:
1. I know that Type-R is not just for Honda.

Yes I know but the logo is made for Honda it's their custom logo and yes I know R stands for racing. Every one can use it, just saw yesterday Lancer with Prelude type R logo on it :D

2. Given the above, I did not put it on my car out of ignorance Karim, and Yes R does stand for Racing. :lol:

Now if anyone still wants to know why the sticker, then ok, the sticker is there coz I intend to convert my Lanos into a mean racing machine.
:twisted:
CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

i think its very cheesy and i dont know how people look at stuff like that where you are but if i put sumthing like that on my ride where i live then i would be flamed forever and i would look like idiot. like i said before, do what you want but i'm not even gunna think about doin that.
I wish my grass was emo....so it would cut itself
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

CustomLanos wrote:i think its very cheesy and i dont know how people look at stuff like that where you are but if i put sumthing like that on my ride where i live then i would be flamed forever and i would look like idiot. like i said before, do what you want but i'm not even gunna think about doin that.
guys... this is due to how people perseve things in their own countries... in here loads of guys put so much stickers for stuff they don't have on their cars and it is ok as long as the sticker looks ok regardless of the fact that the product itself is not installed in the car.

i had Michelin Pilot sticker on my car when i had Kumho Power Star tires but the sticker looks nice... now i have a MasterCard sticker, as long as the thing looks nice i don't care if i really have it.

on the other hand some people in here might think a lowered car is the most stupid idea ever as the car will hit each and every bump on the road and will be sevearly damaged... in your country this is not the case as you have much better roads so it is ok to lower your car.

so basicly this depends on how you perseve things rather than anything else.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

Right you do what you think is best. It's a free country

mmamdouh wrote:
CustomLanos wrote:i think its very cheesy and i dont know how people look at stuff like that where you are but if i put sumthing like that on my ride where i live then i would be flamed forever and i would look like idiot. like i said before, do what you want but i'm not even gunna think about doin that.
guys... this is due to how people perseve things in their own countries... in here loads of guys put so much stickers for stuff they don't have on their cars and it is ok as long as the sticker looks ok regardless of the fact that the product itself is not installed in the car.

i had Michelin Pilot sticker on my car when i had Kumho Power Star tires but the sticker looks nice... now i have a MasterCard sticker, as long as the thing looks nice i don't care if i really have it.

on the other hand some people in here might think a lowered car is the most stupid idea ever as the car will hit each and every bump on the road and will be sevearly damaged... in your country this is not the case as you have much better roads so it is ok to lower your car.

so basicly this depends on how you perseve things rather than anything else.

MMamdouh
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

I sat in the Honda Mugen Integra Type-S at the Sydney Motor show.. Got some pics of me pretending to drive it too.

Tempted to go get a massive GT-R badge and slam it on my 1.5i. Just for laughs.
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I have to agree with CustomLanos here. Type-R and Daewoo just not a good match. And from a definition of Type-R, Daewoo Lanos is not a racing inspired car from the factory. I think it's just distasteful, but to everyone is their own.
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

The new style now is GT-R from Skyline everyone likes to have it :lol: