The Nexia...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nexia16v

The Nexia...

Post by nexia16v »

Hi all, I've not long had my car and it's the 1st Daewoo i've owned. What interested me was all the features it had and the actual look of the car itself. I've got a Nexia 1.5 DOHC GLXI 16v 1997

I've been looking around this forum for a while and i've noticed I seem to be one of the few with a Nexia. My question is, is that bad?

I don't knkow very much about this type of car and was wondering what people's opinion about it?

I've either bought a car not worth talking about or they tend to be a bit rare?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is not bad.. it is just not that popular car... also it has different names in other regions i think it is called a racer else where (or a ceilo... not really sure)

also the car is mechanically similar to the lanos (as if thier is perfomance parts for the lanos) so most spare and performance parts will fit both cars.

could you post a pic for that 1.5 DOHC of yours?? i wanted to look at a 1.5 DOHC head for years.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

In the US we don't have much daewoos... just Lanos, Nubira, and Leganza... most of the users are from US... so therefore you don't see that many people with a car like yours.
tango

Post by tango »

Nexia was a name that was used primarily in Europe. Everywhere else called it the Cielo. I've got one (a 1995 4 door GLE with the 8valve 1.5 and 3spd auto) and I must say they are not as well put together as Lanos' but they are certainly durable cars.
Cogito ergo sum...
nexia16v

Post by nexia16v »

Thanx guys for the info, here is a pic of my engine bay for you MMamdouh, Everything on it still stock, i'm going to change the air filter soon once i've decided which one to get.