Daewoo,Opel,Holden,GM,SAAB,Vauxhall "SWAP CATALOGUE&quo

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mmdefer

Daewoo,Opel,Holden,GM,SAAB,Vauxhall "SWAP CATALOGUE&quo

Post by mmdefer »

It's good to have all of you on this great board as an information resource. Could I suggest that a catalogue or listing of all the "parts-swaps" possible be permanently posted here. Or maybe a new topic category named "part-swap" for Daewoo be created. With new cousins of the brand like the Aveo from GM and the Swift+ from Suzuki, the membership to this board will explode in the very near futur. I'm presently building an Aveo for pro-rally and the info I have found here was a bit difficult to gather but OOH! so good :)
I truly think a cross-reference catalogue in an "excel" format or similar would be a great time saver.
Thank's for you time and keep your shiny side up!
If you don't crash once in a while, you're probably not going fast enough.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Good idea... I was thinking about taking an Aveo out for one of those 24 hour test drives that GM offers.... that way I could get it up on a lift and check out compatibility of parts (I imagine that there will be quite a few crossover parts)

Ideally it would be nice to put the Daewoo Lanos, Nubira, Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra, Pontiac LeMans, Pontiac Optima and Chevy Aveo all together.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I start a post some time ago w\ that exact idea. Is in the general topic section.
ImageImage
Orange Lotus

Post by Orange Lotus »

hey, i'm pretty new to daewootech.com. i noticed mmdefer said he was building a pro-rally aveo and you were talking about part swaps. I'm building an '05 Aveo rally car and was wondering what kind of parts you had found. I found some good Swift GTi parts for suspension tuning, but I'm not entirely sure if they're compatable. I know SSBC has a 17" rotor kit, but it's not publically listed, as well, I only have 14" wheels. Any info would help.
If you can't find it, grind it.