Photoshop Please

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

doesn't the Lacetti have a 2.0 DOHC engine??... isuppose it is faster than the Lanos if both got the same weight... what is the 0-60MPH time for the 1.6 DOHC Lanos and the 2.0 DOHC Lacetti??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

he's saying his lanos can beat a stock reno with all the mods he's done to it.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

mmamdouh wrote:doesn't the Lacetti have a 2.0 DOHC engine??... isuppose it is faster than the Lanos if both got the same weight... what is the 0-60MPH time for the 1.6 DOHC Lanos and the 2.0 DOHC Lacetti??

MMamdouh
The reno is quite a bit heavier (about 600lbs) and only 21hp more at the crank.

With the medium gearing it feels a bit sluggish. It definately needs a pep talk with this gearing.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

lanos2001 wrote:he's saying his lanos can beat a stock reno with all the mods he's done to it.

nick
mods? what mods? I know not what you speak of. ;) :twisted:
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

DUH ... Everyone KNOWS the blue lights you added give extra horsepower!

LOL
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I decided to have a little fun with this. :)

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

You'd be surprised what ive beaten in my forenza though. I do have a few mods but nothing major.. i beat aVR6 jetta with 210hp (or 205.. something like that)
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

kinkyllama wrote:You'd be surprised what ive beaten in my forenza though. I do have a few mods but nothing major.. i beat aVR6 jetta with 210hp (or 205.. something like that)
Thats like 70 HP more than a Forenza..., no offense, but I find that a bit hard to believe. Are you sure he was racing and not just pushing his pedal a little harder? Was it ancient? 'Cause 70 HP is usually enough to win. I only say that because Yesterday I lost to my friend's 2000 VW Passat 1.8 Turbo. Which is the same company, but a heavier car with much less HP. It had only maybe 45 HP more than me. I had him until his turbo hit and then I was unable to go past his rear bumper. I think a VR6 would beat a Forenza and wail on a Lanos. I could be wrong though. :), I hope so anyway :roll: .
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i think he means he beat one on the autocross track. which is still pretty damn good.

nick

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

No i've beaten two VR6s.. one i know had the 210hp engine the other im not sure... Beat them both from a 60mph roll. Not sure if they were a/t or m/t but my friend has a VR6 manual that im gonna race sometime soon hopfully. Anyways.. i was just barley pulling away (if the other guy didnt have a passanger.. it would have probably been even) then at 100mph i was pulling away faster.. at 110 i was way ahead. I know he was trying still cuz when i hit 120 i slammed on the brakes and he went right by me.

As for cars ive beaten on the track.. the list just goes on. I kept up with a 911.. i was on his tail the whole time but was unable to pass cuz his power on the straights. He wasnt very good driver though
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Ah, from a roll. Well, then a 60 mph roll the lighter car would probabally win especially with a manual (Forenza). I race (rarely if at all) from lights, and I know I probabally won't win, but most cars have had trouble shaking me. I was basically glued to my friends bumper, whose car is probabally worth $9,000 more than mine. He considers it a kill, I consider it said that he could shake a Daewoo with 200,000 miles and worth less than $1000.

Except that one CRX that picked a fight. That poor bastard thought he had me. I beat him by 2 car lengths with a passenger, and he had manual. Yes, it was an old car, but so is mine. He still has trouble facing me.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i said it before and i am saying it again... it is a car/driver combo, further more a car is an engine/weight combo as far as 0-60MPH times are concerned.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

0-60 time my car may even win against the VR6.. i beleive it get 7.8 (unsure though) and my car STOCK m/t gets 8.6... the tires alone gotta cut that down a ton.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
cielo20

Post by cielo20 »

:D in my 2l 16 vauxhall engined Cielo (standard 156BHP )a Lotus Espri Turbo at the quarter mile when i was running 14.4sec , When i saw them testing it in TOP GEAR it was running 13.2 secs so a crap driver do a lot of differance! And on the street i keep up with all sort of cars evo's(280BHP),cosworths(227BHP), mazda RX7's (220BHP) but at the 1/4 mile they would all beat me as the all have a much higher BHP figure.
And thats bcause im a crazy driver :twisted: