New guy.

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

n8r

New guy.

Post by n8r »

Hello all, my name is Nate. I currently drive a 96 Dodge Ram 5.2L 4x4. I love it to death, but since it burns oil as fast as it burns gas, the tranny is dying, and can't hold any coolant, it is time I get rid of her. I was going to go back to a Jeep Wrangler, which is what I owned previous to the Ram, but I have had a change of mind. I was out with my parents today, looking for a 4 door car for my mom. After a few places, we stopped at the Suzuki place. We looked at the Forenza, my mom really liked it, but our best friends just recently bought 2 and my mom enjoys originality (we used to have a purple van lol). So our salesman showed us the Reno. She kind of liked it, but for me, it was an instant sale. She ended up getting a Forenza Wagon, but I now have my heart set on the Reno. I know I am going to get a lot of flak from most of my buddies (all mustang owners and other domestics) but cosnidering my financial situation, you can't beat a brand new car for around 10k (the price of the one I wanted on the lot). I would end up paying that much or MORE for the used Wranglers I was looking at, and this thing is roomier, better on gas, and more practical for the driving I do (I don't get to go off-road as much as I want to or enough to justify having a 4x4). Besides, after getting this, I can go and get myself an old wagoneer 4x4 for under 2k to play with. Anyway, I am just rambling. Once I get a job (still getting paid by the school i worked at last year) I will most likely be trading my truck in for a Reno. Wow, this post was rediculously long for an intro post. :oops: :oops:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Cool dude! Check out my forenza in the URL below my reply.

you can always add a turbo kit that 360dynamics will be working on and the beat your friends and get better gas milege.. not to mention cheaper insurence :lol:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

*edit, double post
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Your one of the only guys I have heard that goes from V8 domestic beast to I4 Daewoo and not the other way around :lol: .

Good luck and welcome to the forum, for most of your aftermarket parts, you can contact Tom (360Dynamics) and he can hook you up with just about any part, even if it isn't listed on his site.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Yeah but if it isnt on the site most of the time is becuase its a bit overpriced... but if you need it he can get it
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport