honda died

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

honda died

Post by DomWoo »

the honda died.. i need help guys.. heres the deal

it wants to start but wont.. getting feul to the intake, i even sprayed starting fluid in it and it still doesnt start.. will start to but then will die. any ideas??

im thinking it might be the spark plugs because it was running great about a week ago then i changed them and it started getting hard to start and sputtering all the time.. what do you guys think?
Chip

Post by Chip »

Yo Woohoo,

You should check the ingnition switch module on the back side of your ignition key lock mechanism. I had a similar problem with my Legend and it turned ou that the switch had been fried. Got a new one at Autozone for $50 and replaced it. I've heard of other people having this issue on the civics as well. Pretty easy to test, but you'll need a multimeter to check it out. Good luck!

-Chip
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

mmm well the lights on the dash flicker and make weird clicking sounds when i try to jump it and start it.. it seems that its not getting enough spark to do anything. ill have to check out this switch.. its a 91 crx. i hope i can get this fixed.. i dont want to have to drive the g/f all over town and i dont want her driving my woo
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

sell the honda and get another Woo :lol:

no really this sounds like electrical problems... check your spark plugs, spark plug wires and ignition coil... i am not really an expert on Hondas so i am just following thebasic common sence here.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

my head hurts... i think i need to find a clif... :evil:
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

My guess is that when you were pulling up the spark wires that maybe you managed to rip out the connector that connects to the spark plug and while it is making intermittent contact it could disconect and die, the flashing of the signals inside could be the spark hitting the engine block and affecting the electrical system. I doubt it is the spark plugs themselves cause they rarely are DOA. Even if you pull by the plug boot, there is a chance for the wire to rip if they are kinda old. Again, sniff your exhaust to see if you get fuel smell, if not, could be a totally different issue than spark plugs/wires.

I'm sick of car issues too dammit, I had 2 car batteries die in 2 days in 2 different cars (Also Honda and Daewoo BTW), now my 'Woo is running sluggish because of this new damn Tropical Storm and the 100% humidity it brings, humidity+heat+low air density = Slow car.
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

When I owned my honda crx, I had that same problem. What Chip said was exactly what was wrong with it. Except I also had to replace the starter shortly after that. Good thing the honda's have lots of interchangable parts. Grabbed a starter off a 94 civic HB at the junkyard and hooked it up. Car ran fine after that.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

its the ignition module (coil)
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

new motor going into the crx.. old one is dead... got the intire car for 200$ so its worth the swap
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

WooHoo wrote:new motor going into the crx.. old one is dead... got the intire car for 200$ so its worth the swap
Swap like a gsr motor in there, it'd be quick as hell!!
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

KnightWalace wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:
WooHoo wrote:new motor going into the crx.. old one is dead... got the intire car for 200$ so its worth the swap
Swap like a gsr motor in there, it'd be quick as hell!!
H22a Vtec.
I repeat.. H22 ... hehe bangin.
Last edited by KnightWalace on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

nah.... i got a little d15b