My new manufacturing company (automotive)

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

mmamdouh wrote:why don't you add a section for Precision Boost in the forum just like 360 dynamics and intimidator??

MMamdouh
I will be a manufacturer selling to performance shops such as 360 Dynamics.... I will be too busy making stuff to deal with individual customers.

So there really isn't any reason to add a "precision boost systems" section to Daewootech since I won't be selling any products directly to you guys.

Like I said before.... I will be giving out free products here and there for research and development.

To start with many of the products will be expensive.... but as demand grows I will be able to make the parts in large quantities.... which will result in a drop in production cost....which means better pricing for you guys.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I know you have the same car *pretty much* as me but im not clear if you are currently racing in any events, so i could always try things out at 100% on the track which i go to nearly every weekend.

By the time you really get off the ground though not sure what i will be doing. I still need to get around to talking to people about putting my car in a class for NASA so i can figure out if its event worth fixing up my car for race or not
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm not currently entering any events but I plan to once I have everything the way I want it.

I will start off on the Drag track and then move to autocross at some point later down the road.
money

Post by money »

I may not be in the appropriate thread for this, if I am I apologize in advance!

And before I start, congrats!

I know there is a huge wealth of information to be obtained about Daewoo from this forum. It seems there is an aftermarket for these cars, but can be a little pricier than most. I'm all about doing something nobody else is doing, unfortunatly my garage is an apartment complex parking lot so I don't have a lot of room to work. TheGreatAndPowerfulOz had recommended a Daewoo and that led me to this forum for more information.

When did GM buy out Daewoo? Are they platform sharing with any of there other vehicle line-up? If so what?

Are the performance parts that are available although far and few between available through GM or does it depend if it's a pre-GM manufactured Woo?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

money wrote:When did GM buy out Daewoo? Are they platform sharing with any of there other vehicle line-up? If so what?
I believe GM bought Daewoo when they went bankrupt, they have been in business together for decades though. The old '87-'92 Pontiac Le Mans is a Daewoo. The new Suzuki Forenza, Suzuki Reno, Suzuki Verona, and Chevrolet Aveo are all Daewoos in the USA as well.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
money

Post by money »

So some if the aftermarket, if any for any of those cars should work on a woo right? Or do any of the newer aformentioed cars share anything with the older models, say 99+ if I did buy one.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.