newbie to buy a 1999 lanos hb

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

z3ds

newbie to buy a 1999 lanos hb

Post by z3ds »

Hi guys, first of all, I really like this daewoo forum. Everybody seems to be nice!
After doing some 2-3 hours of research about daewoo lanos hb i decided to look for one. I just came across with a 99 lanos hb sx with manual trans. The car has 104,000 miles. The car looks and drives really nice, but should I be concern with its miles? I think 104,000 miles for a 1999 model car is fairly high :?:
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

How much are they asking for it?

BosnianLanos from here already stacking up to 180k miles (I believe) and has no problems.
z3ds

Post by z3ds »

thanks acingteam for the quick reply!

the guy was asking 1900$, which is lower than the bluebook and napa value
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

As long as you replace the timing belt and just take good care of it, it would be fine. They're good cars, I say take it for that price.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

you could always find another 1.6 and drop it.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I'm almost at 190K miles now, with no problems. :D

Oil burnoff will become a tiny bit of an issue as the valve seals ( <--I believe) wear down, but that is normal with all cars, compression is still excellent across all four cylinders. The 4T40E Auto tranny I have is generally weaker than the D16 Manual, but I have no problem with my auto, so you should have no problem with manual. Brakes work like new. Paint is excellent, with no peeling, just keep it waxed to be sure. Cooling system is perfect. Exhaust system inc. O2 Sensors has absolutely no issues. I changed my Audio system after my speakers crapped out (due to FL sunshine 8) ). Only "major" issue I have is that both my A/C and my heater are gone. I guess that could be credited to me and the weather, as I have my A/C on all summer, and my heat on all winter, so 6 months of use to 6 months of unuse can take a real toll. This car was brutally abused as far as driving goes, because it was used daily in stop and go traffic as a delivery car. Most American cars would be dead, but mine still goes like hell.

As far as price goes $1600 is OK if it is an SX version. But I'm sure you can get the price lower, just use the same old saying "Come on man...its a Daewoo"

And again, keep it maintained, and I'm sure you will be able to get twice as many miles as you have now.