Something I was told today...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

scarr
Junior

Something I was told today...

Post by scarr »

Ok, I'm at my grandparents house and I've got my lanos back up on jack stands changing the gasket on my transmission pan. (2nd time in 2 years) I go inside for lunch and while I'm sitting at the table my grandfather asks, "Do you want to know the first Daewoo product in the U.S. that was sold?"

Learning new things is a good thing so I said yes. He starts going on with the whole "Back when I was...." story. Anyways, he told me that the very first Daewoo product was a Daewoo fishing pole.

Just felt like sharing that story and wondering if anyone knows if thats a fact or not.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I'm not trying to say your grandfather is wrong, but I've never heard of Daewoo fishing poles, and I have done a lot of fishing and bought a lot of fishing gear over the past 20+ years ... but ... is he by chance making the simple mistake of confusing Daewoo with Diawa?

Diawa has been making fishing poles for many years and are a pretty easily available brand of equipment. I used to have a Diawa spin reel that was really nice ... until the whole pole & reel got pulled into the river! LOL

Also, knowing there is a whole lot I don't know, I checked and there are no results for "Daewoo fishing pole" Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, Hotbot, AltaVista or Excite search engines.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I was looking at Cabellas at the fishing secton and I see Daewoo...no wait, double take, Daiwa. It has tricked me in the past. Never used a Daiwa product though.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Gramps must be losing it. I looked around no such thing as a Daewoo fishing pole. nothing on the net about one
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

I didn't think I'd ever seen a daewoo fishing pole either
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Daiwa reel, if you look at it quickly, it is easy to get it confused with Daewoo.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... at=catfeat