Pathetic people making fun of a Daewoo

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Fightrice2

Post by Fightrice2 »

richardmatalon wrote:the gze did have oil squirters in the block, the z3 block aslo bolts up to the fe head. And for ur information, the internals of a stock corolla can take 21 psi, just a lot of fuel and electronics, YOu know what bro, I am not getting into a tiff with u, cause u seem to know everythign, just like the evos that are in jamaica are the same as over here, it really doesn't make sense to argu with u, beucase it is a waste of my time. SO i will no longer contribute to this thread as it is really just a waste of my time.
:roll:
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

ANOTHER IP ADDY IS EASY TO OBTAIN IF YOU USE A DAILUIP CONNECTION BUT LOOKING AT THE SPEED OF YOUR RESPONSES AND THE LENGTH OF THEM YOU ARE PROBABLY ON A HIGH SPEED INTERENT CONNECTION WHICH EQUALS A IP ADDY THAT IS ASSIGNED BY THE ISP AND NOT YOU. :D
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

I never regretted wasting time as I did now by reading all 8 pages of this post. What is the point here anyways??

The guys from fightrice:

This place is all about Daewoos so if you got something helpful about daewoos please share it... if you have no idea about Daewoos read the posts in this site, it is really helpful.

I don't know about "rice" as a term but it seems like something with rather fluid definition that changes from one person to another so you can't simply be the benchmark of something that got rather relative like "rice".

Ok I know some cars look like shit - not in here though - but what the point of pointing them out and making fun of them? I prefer to point out really nice car and giving it credits rather than the other way round.

In short if you are here just to prove you are the benchmark for rice I say you are wrong simply because the perception of rice is rather personal and you can't just generalize it. Not to mention the idea of having a site just for rice cars is rather strange...I mean what are the benefits??

The guys from daewootech:

This is one hell of a post here... lots of name-calling and crap, come on guys we are better than this. If those guys got something valuable I say let here it... we are here to learn aren't we?? I know I am

And if they start throwing bad stuff and making fun of us we should not go along with that... we all got more interesting things to do rather than being childish and banning them is easy but this is not the way to solve it

I guess those guys got some knowledge that we can make use of it... maybe not on Daewoos but still knowledge is priceless, or at least discuss issues with them and gain more info from them just as they will gain from us.

Lets all chill out and try to make this more valuable.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

mmamdouh wrote:I never regretted wasting time as I did now by reading all 8 pages of this post. What is the point here anyways??

The guys from fightrice:

This place is all about Daewoos so if you got something helpful about daewoos please share it... if you have no idea about Daewoos read the posts in this site, it is really helpful.

I don't know about "rice" as a term but it seems like something with rather fluid definition that changes from one person to another so you can't simply be the benchmark of something that got rather relative like "rice".

Ok I know some cars look like shit - not in here though - but what the point of pointing them out and making fun of them? I prefer to point out really nice car and giving it credits rather than the other way round.

In short if you are here just to prove you are the benchmark for rice I say you are wrong simply because the perception of rice is rather personal and you can't just generalize it. Not to mention the idea of having a site just for rice cars is rather strange...I mean what are the benefits??

The guys from daewootech:

This is one hell of a post here... lots of name-calling and crap, come on guys we are better than this. If those guys got something valuable I say let here it... we are here to learn aren't we?? I know I am

And if they start throwing bad stuff and making fun of us we should not go along with that... we all got more interesting things to do rather than being childish and banning them is easy but this is not the way to solve it

I guess those guys got some knowledge that we can make use of it... maybe not on Daewoos but still knowledge is priceless, or at least discuss issues with them and gain more info from them just as they will gain from us.

Lets all chill out and try to make this more valuable.

MMamdouh
Amen.

Like I said, I see both sides. I know what it's like to drive both a Ralliart and a Lanos. The Lanos is the surprise car. It is a hell of a kick for a tiny 1.6l. The ralliart is the better car for what i want. although My synchros in 1st and 3rd are shot and i only have 15k on the Odometer. Which is disappointing but the warranty better stand up.

The only thing i find disappointing is you bring up sales. I gaurentee if any CEO of Mitsu/VW/GM/Dodge/Porsche Ran away with the amount of money the guy did from Daewoo they'd be seriously hurt, especially if they just started testing the market.

I like the idea that the block of the Daewoos are Cast Iron. Not aluminum. But I think parts like the Thermostat housing and some other parts that are common breaks are disappointing but you'll have that with any car. Case in point the trannies of the DSM's.

Fightrice, Since i'm the 2nd owner of the car should i still be able to get the synchro's fixed under warranty? I hate when it grinds going into those gears and it sucks bad.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
Fightrice2

Post by Fightrice2 »

KnightWalace wrote:
I like the idea that the block of the Daewoos are Cast Iron. Not aluminum. But I think parts like the Thermostat housing and some other parts that are common breaks are disappointing but you'll have that with any car. Case in point the trannies of the DSM's.

Fightrice, Since i'm the 2nd owner of the car should i still be able to get the synchro's fixed under warranty? I hate when it grinds going into those gears and it sucks bad.
Cast-iron blocks > Alumninum. In my opinion, a lot stronger, and durable.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Ladies,

I still dont think no one should be banned or anything like that.

Fightricer's from what i've read in some post you seem to know some 'stuff' like me and other guys on this forum. Leave it like that, i know you're liking this "debate" thing if you will call it like that.

python, leave it like that and forget it.

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Everyone has a right to speak their mind. If one is not interested in listening to a person who has a difference of opinion...one should turn a deaf ear. If anyone here is not interested in listening to Fightrices' point of view stop posting and stop reading the thread. Done deal! Personally I could care less about which car is better or worse. I don't work for GM or Mitsubishi so i am not inclined to "sale" their vehicles for them. Yet, on the other hand it sounds as if Fightrice has a bit of understandable brand loyalty (he says he is a Mitsu employee). I love my car and that's all that matters....isn't that what matters? :lol: To sum it up...if you don't wanna hear his point of view stop reading the post. If you want to have a debate...by all means pursue it, but for people to just sit around and gripe...it's just not productive for either side.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i think the only thing that out performs this thread is the movie Napoleon Dynamite
AcingTeam
Expert

Re: Pathetic people making fun of a Daewoo

Post by AcingTeam »

Daewoo? wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:These guys on this forum are so pathetic... they have nothing better do to then to make fun of other cars. Some cars on their site look really clean and nice, but no they are just retards. I hate people like that that know nothing about cars and just sit and debate which car is ricier...

Here's the link where they make fun of a Leganza:
http://www.fightrice.com/showthread.php ... ght=daewoo

What a bunch of losers... half the time they can't even spell right.

This right here is why we wandered over here in the first place. You said nasty things, we saw & decided to retaliate. What make & model cars we drive isnt the issue here. The issue is our forum was talked badly about. You dont like our forum? Great dont go there...but theres no sense in bad mouthing it. Shit, find a site thats ripping its customers off & bad mouth them (if you dont know of one we do).
I'm sorry, but you bashed my car FIRST. That's how I found out about your worthless webspace and searched for a "daewoo" there. YOU started the whole thing.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

as for sales issue every body was talking about here... maybe this case is in the USA or so but in here if you want a brand new Lanos or a Nubira you have to wait for 2 months or even more... this is how long the wating list for this car here.

my car is a '99 Lanos sedan and if i sold it right now i would get some 45,000 LE (7,630 USD) for it with 60,000 Kms on it, i bought this car brand new six and half years ago for only 39,500 LE (6,695 USD)... this is just to show how much this car have proven itself arround here.

even at the bankrupcy thing happened the prices of daewoos here went up :shock: people were concerned that their won't be no more new daewoos so they went to buy whatever cars are still left before the factory shut down.

needless to say that the factory here never stopped and it is still working at 3 shifts a day to keep up with the huge demand on the car... a '05 Lanos with A\C and power steering will cost some 58,000 LE brand new compared to 39,500 when i got it.

also it is almost impossible to go into an Egyptian street without seeing at least one daewoo parked somewhere... this is how popular daewoos are so if USA got issues with daewoo that doesn't mean that daewoos are not selling elsewhere.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Daewoo?

Post by Daewoo? »

AcingTeam wrote:
Daewoo? wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:These guys on this forum are so pathetic... they have nothing better do to then to make fun of other cars. Some cars on their site look really clean and nice, but no they are just retards. I hate people like that that know nothing about cars and just sit and debate which car is ricier...

Here's the link where they make fun of a Leganza:
http://www.fightrice.com/showthread.php ... ght=daewoo

What a bunch of losers... half the time they can't even spell right.

This right here is why we wandered over here in the first place. You said nasty things, we saw & decided to retaliate. What make & model cars we drive isnt the issue here. The issue is our forum was talked badly about. You dont like our forum? Great dont go there...but theres no sense in bad mouthing it. Shit, find a site thats ripping its customers off & bad mouth them (if you dont know of one we do).
I'm sorry, but you bashed my car FIRST. That's how I found out about your worthless webspace and searched for a "daewoo" there. YOU started the whole thing.

No sir, I did not....perhaps another member did & if so fault him but not the whole site. And what if it wasn't even a member from our site huh?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I wanted to stay out of this but i need to ask something. Whats with the CRX on the top of your guys page? I know about 20 CRXs like that and about half of them are daily drivers... and all the guys race them in the NASA honda challenge. Who is to say some of these guys dont race professionaly?

So would you consider my car rice if i put a huge wing on the back for better downforce? Dont say it wouldnt help either... on the track i break at least 100mph every lap of every road racing track ive been on so far.

Another thing... my exhaust is loud and doesnt sound very good, its not terrible but not good either. But i dont really care cuz i race.. does that still make my car rice? My old exhaust sounded nice.. very deep not very loud but it was still ristrictive so i got a better performance wise one.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
RealComrad
Junior

Re: by the way!

Post by RealComrad »

FightRice wrote:
python235 wrote:by the way
can u tell me whats the point of telling me that GM is losing money
DOSNT MATTER !
it proves nothing ! GM engines are Powerfull as hell
and many too
so personly i dont give a shit if they aint good money people.
AND TRY DRIVING A GM CAR BEFORE TAKIN SHIT cause you dont know what ur missing
What do you mean you don't give a shit that are loosing money? Just a second ago you wanted to compare figures?

Oh and how are daewoo sales doing this year btw?
Just Fine, thank you :P

Chevrolet Europe Sales up 33.6 Percent in First Quarter

? January to March 2005 sales totaled 57,500 units

? March sales close to 26,000 vehicles with record market share of 1.2 percent

Zurich. Chevrolet Europe posted continually rising sales in the first quarter of 2005. The sales increase over the first three months of 2004 was over 33 percent ? from 43,000 vehicles in the first quarter of 2004 to over 57,000. In the same period, market share rose from 0.8 to 1.11 percent in total Europe.

?An increase of almost 34 percent in a very competitive European market place with virtually no growth is remarkable?, said Hardy Spranger, Executive Director, Chevrolet Europe. ?Our team throughout Europe can be proud of what we have achieved, especially in view of the fact that in Western Europe we have just launched the Chevrolet brand in this first quarter. Being part of the global Chevrolet brand, gives us access to Chevrolet?s global resources and the potential to grow beyond our previous limits.?

The highest growth rates in the first quarter were recorded in Central & Eastern Europe, where sales increased from 7,700 units to over 21,500 units (+ 182 percent) ? including start-up markets like Poland and Russia. In Poland, sales grew from zero to almost 2,500 units, while in Russia, Chevrolet sold almost 3,300 units in the first three months. In Ukraine, Chevrolet achieved in March a market share of over 16%, selling more than 5,000 vehicles. Remarkable growth was again registered in Austria (+ 81.5 percent), in Portugal (+ 224.7 percent) and in the Scandinavian markets:

Sweden (+ 98 percent), Denmark (+ 105 percent), Norway (+ 141.5 percent) and Finland (+ 31.8 percent). Best-selling carlines were Kalos/Aveo (22,700 vehicles) and Matiz/Spark (12,980 vehicles). The all-new Matiz goes on sale in Europe as of May 2005.

Since its start of operations on October 17, 2002, Chevrolet Europe (formerly GM Daewoo Europe) has sold over 400,000 cars in all of Europe.

Chevrolet Europe?s parent company, GM Daewoo Auto & Technology (GM Daewoo) announced that its global vehicle sales climbed 13.6 percent in March to 86,814 units. This was an increase of more than 10,000 units from the same month last year, when it sold 76,441 vehicles.

Total first quarter sales grew 7.5 percent on a year-on-year basis to 219,109 units from last year?s 203,778 units. The sales increase was attributed primarily to an increase in exports of finished cars and knockdown (KD) kits.

Exports in March rose 16.4 percent to 77,995 units from last March?s 66,985 units. Strong demand for GM Daewoo products assembled at GM facilities in China, Thailand, India, Colombia and Venezuela fueled a rise in KD exports to 37,328 units.

This represented an increase of 45 percent from the 25,736 units exported in the same month last year.

For the first quarter as a whole, GM Daewoo exports rose 9 percent to 194,321 units from 178,233 units in the same period last year.

Hanspeter Ryser
Chevrolet Europe
+41 1 828 2980
mob. + 41 79 404 9173
hanspeter.ryser@ch.gm.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Daewoo? wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:
Daewoo? wrote:

No sir, I did not....perhaps another member did & if so fault him but not the whole site. And what if it wasn't even a member from our site huh?
Yes it was, it was Adam... that's what it said for his name. He's like the admin of your site or something. So that's why I blamed the whole site.
Fightrice2

Post by Fightrice2 »

kinkyllama wrote:I wanted to stay out of this but i need to ask something. Whats with the CRX on the top of your guys page? I know about 20 CRXs like that and about half of them are daily drivers... and all the guys race them in the NASA honda challenge. Who is to say some of these guys dont race professionaly?

So would you consider my car rice if i put a huge wing on the back for better downforce? Dont say it wouldnt help either... on the track i break at least 100mph every lap of every road racing track ive been on so far.

Another thing... my exhaust is loud and doesnt sound very good, its not terrible but not good either. But i dont really care cuz i race.. does that still make my car rice? My old exhaust sounded nice.. very deep not very loud but it was still ristrictive so i got a better performance wise one.
omfg.

Wings do add downforce eh? Why yes they do, in highspeed test's. Sad thing is, many people who add them do not even race in circuit racing. They just add the spoiler because it is a styling measure for their car. On top of that, that big spoiler on many cars add's drag. Were not talking huge gains here guy. It does very little, if anything to help. Also, it will kill your straight speed due to the extra drag slowing you down. All about the perfect balance. And going to a Local pepboys, seeing the hawt APC wing for $40 and slapping it on your car, will do little to help.

Also, to add about exhaust systems. Dont care, if you get a whole system thats great! But many "ricer's" put on a muffler and it sounds horrific! Thats what I hate, just plain muffler installation, because it looks hawt yo!