Destroyed a Nubi with Aveo

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Destroyed a Nubi with Aveo

Post by Brian5475E »

Well as it says, was racing uphill against a Nubria here in Cincinnati, man the Nubi couldn't even catch up. I wonder if he only had a 1.6 in that big ol body?
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

The only 1.6L Daewoo motors in the US were in the Lanos and Aveo (Kalos) so it was probably a 2.0. good win indeed. did the Nubi have any mods?
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

daftmajin wrote:The only 1.6L Daewoo motors in the US were in the Lanos and Aveo (Kalos) so it was probably a 2.0. good win indeed. did the Nubi have any mods?
lol did the Nubira know they were racing you?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

daewooluvr wrote:
daftmajin wrote:The only 1.6L Daewoo motors in the US were in the Lanos and Aveo (Kalos) so it was probably a 2.0. good win indeed. did the Nubi have any mods?
lol did the Nubira know they were racing you?
Thats so true. I know someone else on here said this. There is so many time i think someones trying to race and in reality they're some lady on a phone :roll:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Nubira would beat a Lanos/Aveo if the person knew 30% of what they were doing. It weighs only a few pounds more and has like 24 more HP and .4 more liters. So either he wasn't racing, or didn't know how to drive a car. And no, I'm not trying to hype up my car, I have a Lanos and accept defeat. :?

kinkyllama is right, usually you think someone is racing you only to pull up to find that it is some soccer mom on a phone. Driving to school in the morning there was a Jetta that kept blasting past me, I speed up only to find some middle aged woman putting on makeup, what a waste of gas. Now as for real races, this morning I pulled up next to a WRX (non - STI) and he proceeded to rev his engine. Needless to say, I got stanked, but he had trouble shaking me. On the way home, an old school Integra with the 1.6L (I assume) pulls up and the guy is looking at me. I think the car had bad compression, because my Lanos beat him without breaking a sweat, so he gave up fairly quick, only a few hundred yards. Maybe my super-loud intake scared him.

So, today 1 - 1- and 1. Not an overall bad day for a 187, 000 mile Lanos. :)
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

It's very possible to beat a Nubi. First of all, Lanos weighs 200lbs less than a nubi. Second of all, Aveo weighs even less than a Lanos :shock:
Third of all, Brian has some aftermarket parts in his car so probably his car overall is faster.

But on the other hand, sometimes you do think you're racing someone but in reality you're not. But who knows... anythings possible.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

BosnianLanos wrote:Now as for real races, this morning I pulled up next to a WRX (non - STI) and he proceeded to rev his engine. Needless to say, I got stanked, but he had trouble shaking me.
No way. My friend has a non-STi WRX and he KILLED my Ford Contour (170hp 5spd manual) on the highway when I was accelerating at around 5500 rpm. Well his WRX is a bit modded, but it wasn't even close. I'm afraid to see what he'll do to my Lanos. When I'll be shifting into 2nd, he'll finish the 1/4 mile :shock:

Maybe the guy you were racing was kind of playing with you... or just didn't know how to drive?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Ok....

Daewoo Nubira has a curb weight of about 2850 lbs and 129 hp
Daewoo Lanos has a curb weight of about 2500 lbs and 105 hp
Chev Aveo has a curb weight of about 2360 lbs and 103 hp

Say your a fat bastard like me and you have about five gallons of gas in your car.

So lets add on about 250lbs for gas and one person.

Nubira = 24.0 lbs per horsepower
Lanos = 26.2 lbs per horsepower
Aveo =25.3 lbs per horsepower

An Aveo only needs 109hp to equal that of a stock Nubira.

Now throw in a manual Aveo vs auto Nubira and even in stock trim they would be pretty close.

So could a new slightly modified Aveo kick the ass of a six year old stock Nubira with a pile of miles on it????

Yes.... absolutely without a doubt.

Also keep in mind the gearing.... the Aveo and Lanos are pretty quick up to about 30-40 miles per hour.... after that things slow down pretty quick.

The Nubira has much wider gear spacing and is setup for overall economy rather than power.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

AcingTeam wrote:
BosnianLanos wrote:Now as for real races, this morning I pulled up next to a WRX (non - STI) and he proceeded to rev his engine. Needless to say, I got stanked, but he had trouble shaking me.
No way. My friend has a non-STi WRX and he KILLED my Ford Contour (170hp 5spd manual) on the highway when I was accelerating at around 5500 rpm. Well his WRX is a bit modded, but it wasn't even close. I'm afraid to see what he'll do to my Lanos. When I'll be shifting into 2nd, he'll finish the 1/4 mile :shock:

Maybe the guy you were racing was kind of playing with you... or just didn't know how to drive?
By saying I got stanked, it means just so, I got stanked, aka, beat , However he would just speed up and and slow down I would catch up and pass him through traffic then he would go forward again and the same thing over and over. I never beat him, not even close, I maybe annoyed him. I know a Lanos can't touch a WRX.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

. I know a Lanos can't touch a WRX.
i tried to race one once. didn't realize it was an STI. lets just say by the time i hit like 30mph he was already like four cars ahead. :oops:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Yea one night here in PA going to college i met up with an STI, and well up to 3rd gear no one had the advantage, i hear PSSSSSSSSH and I in all honesty could draw you an exact working replica of what their rear end looks like.

Turbo kit, T-minus 2 months :) heheheheh
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

It was some young guy and yes we were racing. Plus my Aveo is a 5 speed and has some mods, Just say I'm put down about 110Hp. Plus we were going uphill so I think I had the advantage. I not gonna sit here and say I beat a Nubi if I didn't. I was just glad to go against another woo because they are so rare here.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Brian5475E wrote:It was some young guy and yes we were racing. Plus my Aveo is a 5 speed and has some mods, Just say I'm put down about 110Hp. Plus we were going uphill so I think I had the advantage. I not gonna sit here and say I beat a Nubi if I didn't. I was just glad to go against another woo because they are so rare here.
hehe I know what ya mean, I was just bustin' your balls :-D
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Brian5475E wrote:It was some young guy and yes we were racing. Plus my Aveo is a 5 speed and has some mods, Just say I'm put down about 110Hp. Plus we were going uphill so I think I had the advantage. I not gonna sit here and say I beat a Nubi if I didn't. I was just glad to go against another woo because they are so rare here.
You should have slowed down and slapped him for disgracing us, that bastard!

A 110 HP 5 Speed Aveo would in all likeliness beat an older automatic Nubira. I've never raced another Daewoo, even though there are quite a bit of modded ones down here. I've only raced an Aveo in my Dad's 100% stock (exept for "high performance" tires) Civic, Aveo popped off the line quick and was pulling away maybe half a car length until about 5500 RPM which is when the Honda starts to haul ass (I guess V-Tec?) and left the Aveo half a car length behind until the next light. I'm hoping it was an auto cause I doubt a stock Honda could touch any of our manual cars. Yes, it is that slow off the line, Lanos would make mincemeat out of it.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i once raced one Daewoo... it was a Lanos hatch... the guy gave me hard time in weaving through traffic as he got slimmer ass but when the road cleared out i overtook him as if he was standing still.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267