Leganza vs. Lanos....

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo
Expert

Post by woo »

erfinder, how much did it cost to hook up a turbo to your car? The reason why i say that my woo isnt a race car is more from the point of view that i like to get reasonable fuel consumption, and in the end doesnt speed=power=fuel.
The commodore on the other hand weighs 1400kg stock, and the Group A motor in it cost $750 with 42000km's on the clock. The car the motor came from ran 12.9 but wieghed about 1200kgs. Therefore with some weight removed (i.e seats, spare tyre etc) the commodore should run mid to high 13's once we mini spool the diff. Just to clear things up and so i dont sound like a complete tool, parts for local cars are much cheaper than bits for imports over here. The full exhaust on the commodore only cost $550 (1.75' extractor with a full 2.5' exhaust) yet it would cost over $1000 to put extractors and a bigger exhaust on my leganza. The problem the cops are having now is that too many kids are getting V8 cars way too cheap and easily and the dumbass kids end up taking out the first powerpole they come across. The difference between a 300hp V8 and a 300hp turbo 4 is (in australia atleast) the 8 would be much cheaper to build and make more torque. From a V8, 300 hp isnt that much. HSV make cars that make 400hp from the factory, get to 100 in 5.3 and run 13 flat. Please dont get all deffencive about me voicing my opinion, but in terms of power to price i feel that the commodore isnt too bad, the car cost $1000, motor and transmission $750 and 550 for the exhaust. It might not get the fuel economy that a c20 gets, but it is a shitload cheaper for the performance. A V8 will never get the economy that a 2L 4 will, but fuck, thats what my woo is for

edit- its a 1982 model commodore, its smaller all round then my leganza
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."