RAM air intake on my boat?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

RAM air intake on my boat?

Post by kinkyllama »

Well i wanna put a CAI on our boat just for fun. I would place it up out of the engine compartment so it would also be a ram air :twisted:

First off.. where the hell is the intake?!?! lol.. its so confusing since its in a boat. This engine was from an older corvette though ... dont know what year

Now i know where the exhaust come out of, Sadly the exhaust holes (two of them) are MAYBE an inch wide... on a V8 260hp engine... talk about restrictive. Sadly i cant make that any bigger because it comes out of the boat frame sorta.

Just woundering... how would a custom turbo react in a boat? that'd be weird. . . maybe could be a fun project one day when i start to really know my stuff. I know though that the biggest thing to improve on a bought is the propeller and probably the transmission
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Ram Air in a water environment has dangerous written all over it. Boat intakes are obscured so that water would have a hard time getting in (at least my boat back in Europe) putting in Ram Air and then one splash of seawater or freshwater for that matter and bye-bye engine.