Aveo Speakers

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Kumaspeed

Aveo Speakers

Post by Kumaspeed »

Hi guys,

I'm actually getting an Aveo in a few days and i'm trying to get the correct speakers before i actually get the car. Do you have the measurements for front and rear speakers?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I'm not sure which body style you have so here.

Here's the measurements for the Sedan:
According to www.crutchfield.com you should have 4" in the front doors and 5-1/4" in the rear.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Kumaspeed

Post by Kumaspeed »

Sorry, i'm getting a hacthback
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

If there is physically room, then change the 4" up front to 6.5" component speakiers, fitted with adapter rings, then remove the rear speakers and install a subwoofer in the back.

That will give the best sounding front stage set up, but may not leave much cargo space in the back.

Cliff
flat6

Post by flat6 »

I replaced the front 4"s with these pioneers
http://users.tpg.com.au/mywayps/pioneertsg1047.jpg

They dont sound as basey as the stock papers did, but they have much clearer trebble

Later on im replacing the parcle shelf with a piece of MDF, drilling some 6.5" holes in it and putting cadence 6.5" speakers in the rear with an amp and subs beneath.

Was trying to decide weither to go 6x9's or 6.5's, but dont think id need the base of a 6x9 with a sub.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Rear speakers ruin a sound stage.

Think of it this way:
When you sit at a concert, the music is in front of you, not behind you.
Unless the head unit you are using has time delay correction, the rear speakers will only degrade the overall sound quality of the entiere stereo system as a whole.
Since the low end frequency range (bass) is non directional, meaning you can't tell exactly where it is coming from inside a car, a sub in the back is fine, as long as you have a well proportioned front stage.

To REALLY make the door speakers sound better, I suggest 2 or 3 layers of sound deadening material in the doors under the door panels.
The well known, but WAY too expensive product is Dynamat. Yes, Dynamat is a good product, but it is exceedingly too expensive.
For a much lower cost, but equal or better product, try SecondSkin available at http://www.secondskinaudio.com Tell Anthony, the owner, designer, engineer and producer of the product, that Cliff send you. He is a great guy and goes far beyond other company owners do in order to make the customer happy & to make sure the products are installed properly.

As always, I'm just trying to be helpful to you to make your car sound better and to Anthony who has been a great and very helpful small business owner.
I do and will continue to promote small business, and therefore will reccomend products like this. ... Just ask Tom, I plug his site where ever it needs it! LOL :wink:

I have 3 layers in my doors and WOW it made a HUGE differance to the overall sound quality of my stereo. I don't know how I ever got along with out it!! It is a night & day differance in the spectrum reproduction, most noticable in the mid bass and mid range areas.

Honestly, skip the rear speakers and use that money to buy better front speakers; you will not be sorry.

Cliff