What is the fastest car you've been in (Top Speed)

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

you can buy them Brand New for 80k in california or something like that
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

kinkyllama wrote:He says he bought it for 8,000... do you know how much he paid to get it in the US? One guy i talked to i think it ended up costing him like 40,000 extra bucks just to license it and all that stuff here
He sold it before getting stationed back in the US.

MotoRex in California looks to be going under soon due to mismanagement. It really only costs around $16,000USD to make them street legal but MotoRex has the IP rights to get it done and if they do go under do to such gross mismanagement, well.....it may be awhile until any more get imported.

Luckily for me, I get to go back to Japan to be with my wife in two more weeks & I plan this time for at least 10+ years.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Why are Skylines illegal in the us? I never really got that. If Nissan took the time to make them conform to US laws, they would make a killing.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I heard the infinity g35 is supposed to be the US skyline, but its nothing close.. but then again im not sure if its theg35 thats supposed to be.

The guy i talked to i think imported his skyline and made it legal and it all cost him like over 40grand total
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

BosnianLanos wrote:Why are Skylines illegal in the us? I never really got that. If Nissan took the time to make them conform to US laws, they would make a killing.
Well, don't they all have a wheel on the right side? I don't know if that's actually illegal in the US, but could be one of the issues (unless you're going to use a car as a mail service car... skyline a mail carrier lol).
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

that would be the best.. hehe talk about same day delivery :twisted:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

WooHoo wrote:that would be the best.. hehe talk about same day delivery :twisted:
lmao.

Ive seen a right hand drive skyline driving near my house.. it was a few years ago. Only other thing i rememember is how beautiful it was
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Right side drive isn't illegal, as I have see older vintage cars with right hand steering wheels.

As for the Infiniti G35 being and American Skyline, I believe the G35 is based off of the Nissan 350Z which is the Japanese Nissan Fairlady. And I doubt a 350Z could touch a Skyline.
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

BosnianLanos wrote:Why are Skylines illegal in the us? I never really got that. If Nissan took the time to make them conform to US laws, they would make a killing.
RHD is not illegal in itself. RHD Saturns, Subarus, and Jeeps are available in the US as postal vehicles. THe GTR was never legal because of crash and emissions complinace. That, and swapping to LHD, though it can be done and has been done, is cost prohibitive. Plus, the 300Z was Nissans king in the US and due to poor sales, Nissan saw no reason to invest heavily into the GTR which they believed would not sell.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

The cost is more than an Evo 8, rx-8, supra (close though) and bringing it over is in the working... supposedly in 2k7... what makes it hard now is they have no vin number, it costs roughly 10-15k dollars just to get it a legal VIN number as i understand it. There's plenty of them.... check ebay in the Nissan:other section from time to time... you'll find a nice R34/R33 with approx 40k miles for like 25k ... so i mean... if you have the money it's a great car...

I think now that the evo and Scoobaru are taking the US by storm (as of late) i See nissan bringing some version of the skyling over.... whether it be the R35 or late R34..... i just hope it's not that shitty looking one i've seen previously.... i'm sure it'd still be a good car... but it went from the old style and looks like a chopped SUV.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

actaully i have seen the concept of the new one coming out.. looks like a 350z but way cleaner and better looking,
04Aveo

Post by 04Aveo »

there is Two cars that are the fastest that i have ever Driven!

1. 1972 Chevelle 454 P&P,supercharged,bored .30 over,forged rods and pistons, and a 100 shot of nitro

2. My 1992 240Sx i got it to 150Mph on the highway, and that was only at 7Psi of Boost! And it didnt red line! i had to exit!
2004 Aveo,5 door, Silver,Auto:(

It may not say its a woo but in reality it is!!!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

04Aveo wrote:there is Two cars that are the fastest that i have ever Driven!

2. My 1992 240Sx i got it to 150Mph on the highway, and that was only at 7Psi of Boost! And it didnt red line! i had to exit!
Doesn't the speedometer stop at 110mph on 240sx's?
04Aveo

Post by 04Aveo »

no they stop at 130Mph and seeing that it has the J-Spec Turboed Engine in it i haven't ordered the J-spec Gauge cluster(200Mph speedo)!
2004 Aveo,5 door, Silver,Auto:(

It may not say its a woo but in reality it is!!!
rcegrl

Post by rcegrl »

ok my fastest was in my boyfriends s2000, we were heading down 95 one night and he just balled out we were doing like 140 but i think the best time was when i was out on the bike (yamaha r1) :D we did 140 on the bike and that well...doesnt exactly feel like 140 feels more like 240 but it was fun :)