buying new car need suggestions....

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rcegrl

buying new car need suggestions....

Post by rcegrl »

ill be getting rid of my 2000 nubira next year around march/spril and wanna start looking at what i could possibly buy to replace it. looking at convertibles, definately buying one. just dont know what to but...love the honda s2000, the nissan 350z is nice, audi tt, 98 eclipse spyder.....trying to think of what else...gonna buy used so its gotta be in the $20-$24k price range....any suggestions?!?!?! :?
AcingTeam
Expert

Re: buying new car need suggestions....

Post by AcingTeam »

rcegrl wrote:ill be getting rid of my 2000 nubira next year around march/spril and wanna start looking at what i could possibly buy to replace it. looking at convertibles, definately buying one. just dont know what to but...love the honda s2000, the nissan 350z is nice, audi tt, 98 eclipse spyder.....trying to think of what else...gonna buy used so its gotta be in the $20-$24k price range....any suggestions?!?!?! :?
Definately go for an S2000. If I had that much money I'd go for a WRX.
rcegrl

Post by rcegrl »

im really leaning towards the S2000....they're bad ass little cars...comfortable too hehe :D
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Hell yeah, go for the S2000.

That damn car revs to 9000 RPM and looks sweet. If you get a black one with the the new removable hard top Honda sells you could have a pretty unique car.

With that much money to spend, I'd go for a restored muscle car, can't beat them.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

BMW Z3 with the 3.0L 6cyl and a 5spd is a nice convertible...

You could probably get something like this for around $24K

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... ors=&fuel=&

rcegrl

Post by rcegrl »

yeah the z3 is ok but the z4 is a hell of a lot better..lol i think its gonna be between a 350z convertible and the s2000 both in white....the only thing holding me back from buying the s2000 is that my boyfriend has a red one...and we dont wanna be riding in the same car all the time with the 350z we can always switch up lol
blinkme323

Post by blinkme323 »

Can't go wrong with the S2000, it's an awesome car. I'd also check out the Hyundai Tiburon GT, I picked one up about 2 months ago and I love it.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Go with a Scion TC. They are about $17,000 and are a base 175hp. Then you get the TRD turbo, exhaust, cold air and some 18" put on and your at about $21,000. Then you have a pretty nice car. Those cars are really easy to get up to show quality.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Yeah but i see those scions everywhere, i see more with nice wheels than stock also. There not very unique
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

kinkyllama wrote:Yeah but i see those scions everywhere, i see more with nice wheels than stock also. There not very unique
Well truth is with buying any of these cars you aren't going to be very unique. If ya wanna be unique stick with the 'woo. If ya wanna fit in with all the other cookie cutter cars get one of the above mentioned.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Yeah ive only seen one forenza/lacetti/optra on the road... some old person driving it too. :D Ive only seen like 10 daewoos and half of them were on the interestate when i went on a road trip.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

rcegrl wrote:yeah the z3 is ok but the z4 is a hell of a lot better..lol i think its gonna be between a 350z convertible and the s2000 both in white....the only thing holding me back from buying the s2000 is that my boyfriend has a red one...and we dont wanna be riding in the same car all the time with the 350z we can always switch up lol
Ya... the Z4 is better but I doubt you'd find one with low mileage for the amount you want to spend.

I love the G35 Coupe.... I hope one day they will have a Convertible AWD G35 Coupe... I think I'd have to buy one.

The 350Z will definitly kick the S2000's ass with some upgrades.... don't get me wrong.... Honda did a fine engineering job on the engine but the Nissan engine is capable of some really serious low/mid torque.

I also like the Mercedes SLK ... which is a convertible ( removeable hard top??)

rcegrl

Post by rcegrl »

ok made my decision.....definatly gonna buy the 350z...badass little car...burnt orange black interior w00t! lol :D
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Can you buy me one as well? :roll:
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Lotus Elise