lucky me?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

orangelmo

lucky me?

Post by orangelmo »

you can be the judge of how lucky i really am tonight.

so today is starts off great, i have my last day of work for the toronto ambulance headquarters, i have training for my job at the new location and i leave to visit my sister in london ontario. the hours go fairly fast at work and now its time for training at the new place. finish early and as an added bonus i walk away with a free pizza lol

no here's where it gets interesting. so i start out on my way off to london (about a 2 hour drive from toronto) drop off my friend and get back on the highway. im making pretty good time and the tunes are blaring. after one of my cd changes and some small tid bits of a song i hear a noise, despite the loudness of my stereo, then i start to see some white smoke comming from the hood passing in the light of the headlights. with the service areas split between pretty large distances i was lucky enough to be comming up to one just as this all started. so i pull out and pop the hood, some white smoke is comming out but i cant find a source. i walk back to my door and on the way over i see a giant puddle of oil. so i drop to the floor and see what's up but its to dark. i borrow a flashlight from the 1 helpful person, out of many ppl that saw me that night, and finally locate the problem. the oil plug for the pan got dislodged and all the oil was draining out of the car. apprently i think i forgot to or carelessly didnt tighten the bolt enough and have been running on it that way since saturday.

well after trying to figure out what to do and i get a hold of my sister in london and giver some instructions to pick some stuff up for me. so after a couple hours or so of waiting she arrives with my friend jen with a replacement plug, and not to long after, my dad arrives with some tools. so in the end everything seemed alright and i'm lucky to drive off with the block not seizing. however im not sure how lucky i was since while after filling the motor up with some synthetic oil my dad brough there was a noise, kinda like a clicking sound. i had a notion that it could've been something with the timing only because i thought it was seriously due for a change (97,000+ KM and havent changed since i got it :shock: ). hopefully there isnt any internal damage or anything and i really turn out to be the luckiest guy tonight!
Tickle me?! Dont even try it...