any 1.4 lanos owners out there?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanosguy

any 1.4 lanos owners out there?

Post by lanosguy »

Hello, I have a 1.4 lanos and I just want ot make it look nice, so anything regarding bodykits, rims, anything to make the appearance look nice, please could you give me some ideas? thanks

P.S. please dont mention engine swaps as I am only 18, have had my lisence for 5 months and the insurance is gonna be ?2500 (near enough $5000)as it is, lol.
like the lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

There should be a few guys out there with the 1.4L Lanos ( UK ) but exterior parts should be the same as the Canadian (1.5L & 1.6L) and USA (1.6L) cars.

What type do you have? (2 door hatchback, 4 door sedan ??)
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

hi, yeah i thought that, but just wanted to make sure...I was actually also looking for things to do with performance too. I have the 2 door hatchback version.
like the lanos
blackielaw
Junior

Post by blackielaw »

4 door hatchback version here. u could start with a body kit, try orciari for example or a custom one, lowering springs (lots to chose from), shock absorbers etc and nice 15"/16" alloys. I've probably spend on mods as much as I spent to buy my car!... but my girl deserves the best :D
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

1999 Lanos
(The only modified Lanos in Malta)
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

any recommendations on springs for 16in alloys? the orciari kit looks a bit too standard to me...apart from the side skirts, the front looks like standard with an extra thin bit in the cut-out in the centre. Also, do you know what size tires I would need for the 16in rims so that my speedo would still read correctly?

Thanks
like the lanos
Polish_Kris

Post by Polish_Kris »

1.5 8v here.
'02 Lanos 1.5i 8v Cyber Green
SinDromX

Post by SinDromX »

Yeah... 1.5 8v too. It's hard to find 1.6 16v in my country coz Daewoo isn't here anymore :'(
Well, i guess i'll have to find everything on my own...

Take a look here for a good site i found (maybe hard for you coz it's australian).