Haven't been around much. . .

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Haven't been around much. . .

Post by kinkyllama »

Just thought I would check in on what's going on. Recently inherited some money from family which has allowed me to start doing what I've been studying for almost a couple years...investing. Mostly stocks and real estate but am having some trouble making any money with stocks and the economy. I moved into a house with my GF and spend most of my time helping her studying for school because she's an honars bio-chemistry major which requires a lot of work. I've left my lanos at my parents house because I don't get over there much to work on it. Still having tons of problems with my forenza which takes most of my time and on top of it have been having problems with my back up car.

Anyways since it has been so long since I've had a good running sporty car It has been hard to keep interest in tuning. Since I have more money than time now I decided to have someone else complete my cars. Once I get to drive my cars without always worrying about them breaking down I know I'll start getting the passion and motivation back to do the work myself. As soon as I can find a reliable shop I will be having my lanos put together with all the parts I have for it. My GF scored extremely high scores on AIM and gets a lot of grants. She will either be getting a lanos hatch, forenza, or possibly a honda S2000... I'll be helping her with it until she starts getting more of her grants and can pay me back. After the lanos is running and we get my GF a car I'll get another forenza and be transferring most of my current forenza parts onto it. I just really need to start it over to be a good streetable car. Most likely until insurances goes down she will be getting a lanos and will get some parts on it. If she gets money back for not living at the dorms this next semester then she will be putting the lowering springs from my lanos on, 12.2" wilwood kit, rota slipstreams (probably 16x7), BMS CAI, Kinky UD pulley, headers, mid-pipe w/ hi flow CAT, cat-back, and a full stereo. She loves tuned cars but I'm not sure how much she'll get into it. The CAI and exhaust will come off my lanos once I start boosting so that will hardly cost her anything.

After all that I will be boosting my lanos to ~300whp and adding some bits. Lanos would have the forenzas F28, U20SED, wilwood front 12.2", rear disc (and maybe larger disc...), full stereo, coil-overs, trying to get sway bars, strut braces, 16x7" satin black 13.5lbs slipstreams, slammed as LOW as possible, front lip (maybe full lip kit), painted white with satin black hood & mirrors to match the wheels, fogs, 12000k headlight HIDs, would like to do projectors, pink HIDs in fogs, replace interior with cloth, blacked out windows all around, clutch kit from daft, LSD, stiffened motor mounts, sports bucket seats, optima battery, 215/40/16 falkens, cams, internals for the ~300whp mark of boost I'm looking for, and I'm sure a few other bits.

The forenza will be its current setup but will put back in a D20 and hope it can hold up. I'm unsure if I will keep the forenza black or paint the new one satin black again. I'm also unsure if I will do fat fender flares again but that would mean I would need new wheels if I didn't. It will be getting a few upgrades like KDM front lip (maybe full lip kit), and factory spoiler. I'm debating putting air suspension onto it to get my ride height I want because my KW V-3 coil-overs are totally slammed and even on full soft it is to rough of a ride.

Anywho these are my plans. If anyone can recommend a good place to get work done near me then let me know. I'll be contacting BMS and asking them about it though.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama