R U a HyperMiler

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooluvr
Expert

R U a HyperMiler

Post by daewooluvr »

2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I try stuff like that but then I forget half the time so it doesn't work...

Does the pulling out in second gear save gas? I've been putting my auto tranny in second and when you pull out as long as you're light on the throttle it'll pull out in second gear...I know this time I got over 200 miles before it read below half tank but haven't filled up yet to calculate mileage.

Jimmy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the second gear thing is only for slippery conditions, less torque to spin the tires. take off in first, just dont gun it. most of what was said in that article is common sence, i do alot of it. i drive like a granny now, people hate driving around me, i usually do the limit or just below, detroit is full of speed deamons. lol

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

i tried it for a while, but its hard to do in chicago as everyone is rush rush rush. people would be cuttin me off, staring, and one guy flipped me off. but that week, i did 50/50 city/hwy driving and netted only 38 mpg :(
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

dude try driving responsably in deroit, slow lane speed is usually 80, i still do the posted (70). i get cut off, tailgated, flipped off, you name it it happens to me

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!