argggg

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DAEWOOLeganza

argggg

Post by DAEWOOLeganza »

i put a cd in my 99 leganza's cd player and it went in then it tried to eject it but didnt eject and now it reads theres no cd in it and i cant get it out... any advice? also my antenna gets stuck at half way going up ... any advice on that as well? :? :? :? :?:
Ty for any help
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Take the battery terminals off and put them back on, then turn the cd player on. With some cd players that makes them eject the cd, it has a constant live fed to it so it's always got power for the memory, storing radio stations, remembering where you were on a cd etc. Once you disconnect the battery it drops that, and it sometimes will eject the cd too once you turn it back on.
SAZ
---------------------
DAEWOOLeganza

Post by DAEWOOLeganza »

ohh ok thank you, ill try that when i get off work, or maybe on my lunch. you have any ideas about the antenna? every time i turn on the radio it goes half way then gets stuck and keeps trying to go up for like a minute and makes a grinding noise, then when i turn it off it goes back down no problem.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Usually the motors that power these have small lightweight plastic gears [teflon i think] The motor could have wore away some of the gears or they've got broken, and it might slip when trying to push the ariel up as it gets harder at certain points. Most likely you need a new motor that pushes the airel up, no biggy. My friend's celica does the exact same thing, only his doesnt even get half way up.

Try greasing it up a bit first, don't put too much on as it would just cause more resistance, make sure it's all straight too, it there's bends/kinks that wouldnt help matters
SAZ
---------------------
DAEWOOLeganza

Post by DAEWOOLeganza »

ohhh ok thanks again. just wondering is it possible to change my antenna to one of those blade ones that newer cars have?
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Yeah you need to run either the original wires from your ariel to the new one or run new ones from the back of the radio to wherever you're putting it [on the roof i imagine]

My car has a 'beesting' ariel for example, it came with it from factory though.

It's doable. Awkward, but do-able. I think you'd need a lot of the interior trim off, the ones along the pillars etc to get the rooflining down, then i think youd need some adhesive to stick the roof lining back up.
SAZ
---------------------
DAEWOOLeganza

Post by DAEWOOLeganza »

ouch... that sounds like a fun project... oh well i need to re do the adhesive on my ceiling might as well do both at once.