Brake Lights

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

Brake Lights

Post by daewhorider »

HI again now my brake lights dont work, My high mount stop and my left and right lights (on the trunk lid) do not light up when i hit the brakes but when i turn on the lights they do work. now my tail lights do work when i press the brake ive checked all fuses to see if something is cross wired and on of my fuses is out, and yes i have replaced the bulbs with brand new ones from daewoo, checked all wires and everything seems to be a go. Any help greatly appreciated.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

check the wiring, maybe there is a short or something due to wire insulator wear out and contacted with other electrical surface or wire
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

there is actually a fuse in the engine bay that helps for the brake light fuses.

it is a strange wiring but only certain ones worked but when I replaced the fuse I had no problem.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

delphis wrote:there is actually a fuse in the engine bay that helps for the brake light fuses.

it is a strange wiring but only certain ones worked but when I replaced the fuse I had no problem.
Yup yesterday i blew a fuse for my right front signal and all of my brake lights and tail lights went out except for one i then replaced it and they were all fine except for the 3 lights on the hatch.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

daewhorider wrote:
delphis wrote:there is actually a fuse in the engine bay that helps for the brake light fuses.

Yup yesterday i blew a fuse for my right front signal and all of my brake lights and tail lights went out except for one i then replaced it and they were all fine except for the 3 lights on the hatch.
If a positive wire touches a body part (e.g. metal) a fuses will blow.

Do your hazard lights work ?

Did you look at fuses F3, F5 and F16 ? These fuses are located in the left-side kick panel ( Left=drivers side in "mechanic-speak")

:)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison