Car wont Start up (no spark or fuel )...

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo_sleeper

Car wont Start up (no spark or fuel )...

Post by woo_sleeper »

Hey guys i got a prob, i have had my car in the shop gettin some body work done , so i had my engine out but when i put it back in the car doesnt start up, it was runnin b4 i took it to the shop now wat happens is this : car cranks but no spark and no fuel, i checked all the fueses and allz good, i checked my ecu and its workin, checked the engine bay fues box and all fueses r good also, wire harness is good nuthin cut or missing, when i gave the fuel pump a direct 12V's it worked when i hooked it up to the harness and tried again to start the car no ressult same prob no spark or fuel, now this is somethin else i woundering isnt right when i open the contact to ACC the check engine lamp doesnt light up ... but the V, Oil,etc all work , i might be confussed about the check lamp lightin up but i think that it should , i would apreciate it if some1 can help me out
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the CEL should light up with the ignition key in ACC position... lamp might be fried

if BOTH no fuel and no spark are the current setuation plus a non CEL at startup then i recon it has to do with the ECU... it might be bad or not properly connected.

make sure the wiring harness is intact and the ECU is functioning.

maybe the body shop screwed something during their work and the covered it up most probably he fried a wire or two during his work, the engine harness goes throught the fire wall and if the were working their then its a possibility.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

make suer the oil pressure switch is connected. frm whta ive heard if the ecu sences low or no oil pressure then it will kill the fuel and spark so the engine doesnt blow

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i have seen daewoos running with the sending unit's socket yanked off so i doubt that.

i am more inclined to an ECU issue... either wiring to it or out of it as the engine is totally dead as far as fuel and ignition is concrerned... it is more like trying to recover a dead person by zapping him with that electrial shock thingy.

CEL doesn't light at ACC position, fuel pump doesn't prime and no sparks... this engine doesn't know it needs to be started due to misscommunication with the ECU, the ECU is defective or got wiring issues.

Woo_sleeper advised that he used another ECU and it gave thae same results so that leavs wiring... if their is no 12V feed to the ecu it won't function, if the harness from ECU to engine is damaged it can cause this as well... this car needs throughout wiring checking.

MMamdouh
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hi,

Check also your crankshaft position sensor. When disconnected (or bad) it stop ignition & fuel command. Used when doing compression test.

Daniel
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ok i stand corrected thanks for clearing that up MMamdouh

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no problems man... we ae all here to learn.

MMamdouh