Help with Tacho install

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

da_woo

Help with Tacho install

Post by da_woo »

hey Guys. I just bought a new tacho for my Daewoo lanos 1.5 SOHC. I know people have hooked there tacho's up to the factory wire in the back of the cluster so i took mine out, but can anyone please either:
a) tell me which wire i hook it up to? there is one labled T/R (tacho/readout maybe? it is a dark blue wire in the centre bunch of wires)
b) able to provide me with a wiring diagram?

Whilst on the wiring diagram note. can someone please tell me where to get the serrvice manual and PDF links for the lanos? i cant seemto ifnd them..

Thanks and sorry bought multiple posting, but nothing was spcific enough.

Michael
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

There is a How-To here for the Tacho install.

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2622

Here are the manuals for you (I am just uploading them to my site now):

Daewoo Lanos - Electrical Wiring Diagram

Daewoo Lanos - Service Manual
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it was said that the tach signal is the green with black stripes wire... i recon it is on the far left part of the right socket of the cluster's socket.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Hey thanks guys.... im stila bit confused. MMamdouh can u explain whichwire it is... i have three wire connectors.. a left one has 5 wires (Purple,blue, green.gree, blue) a middle set (guessing for speedoand such (blue, yellow, white/black,blue, purple, blue, green,Dark Blue,Black,Light Blue and a thir one which looks for lights (green,blue,Blrown,Purple,Blrown, Black,Orange,White,green)

Has anyone got this to work successfully?

Thanks for the steps, but it does not show wich wire to hook into

Thanks for your help guys. will try and decifer the wiring diagram now!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

1- go for the right hand side socket
2- go for the green/black wire on the left end of the socket
3- test the signal from that socket first to make sure it is th correct one.

MMamdouh
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Sorry for all the question guys, in particular MMamdouh, but whats the ebstwaytotest the signal,
would the best way to groun my tacho, power it and then just touchthe green wire on the grren/with black stripe wire? something along these lines?

thanks guys, much appreciated,
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

I guess so, either that or use a multimeter if you have one.

Remember that the signal will only go up if your engine is on and you are revving.

Plug in the tachometer if you want to risk it blowing up if it's the wrong one, or plug in a multimeter and there should be no signal at all with engine off, turn engine on and rev a little and it should go up and down with the revs.

*I plan to do this soon too, so thanks for starting this thread :) *
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

+1

MMamdouh
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Excellant Guys.... thats awsome...I just hope its the right wire, would be greta if someone else has actually got it to work. By the looks of the wiring digram you need to wires joind in ot get the signal, thas why some people maye have been onl geting half there signal?
Anwyaz, i got a multimedia tester the other day,so after she gets back formthe workshop, i will give it a go and do a write up if all works.

What car are you putting a tacho in norbi?
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

My 1999 Daewoo Lanos 1.4
www.norbie.co.uk
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Did you give this a go da_woo?
www.norbie.co.uk
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Hey Norbie

I went rough a few steps in my tacho install
First i tried finding a wire in the cluster set that gave a reading. I managed to find the green wire with black stripe and when tested on the multimedia it gave a reading with the revs, but when the taco was conncted it did not produce anything.

So then i took my car to a auto aelectricain to see if he would install it because i didnt feel like stuffing up my ECM/ECU. The car was booked in for today, but he couldnt do the install because ehe didnt have the scematic diagram of the ECU/ECM.

I have given him the copy of the wiring diagram from this site, hopefully its in there, but im afraid its not.

How did you go...

I;m not sure about what steps to take next if the Schematic diagram for the ECU cant be found.

Regards Michael (Da_Wooo)
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

I haven't attempted mine yet, would it be possible for you to take a photo of the wiring cluster and point out the wire please?

Was it located under the steering wheel or glovebox, because that's where I've found my ECU before.
www.norbie.co.uk
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Hey Norbie....
No worries man..when i work out how to getthe signal i will def take pics and do a full write up.. working with my auto electrician to work out the signal..but ithink as far as we can find out i think u need to do the way with the 2 diodes.. just gotta work out wich white wire (of the 2) has the rectangles on it) and which of the 4 brown wires are the right one.. if anyone has direct refrence to this i would be muchly appreciated....

Thanks guys.. but i think its finally time to solve it once and for all

Da-Woo
ferto12303

Help Tacho install 1.5 Lanos!!!!

Post by ferto12303 »

:( :( :(
Good afternoon, i just bought a 2001 lanos 1.5 SOHC, and i wanted to install a tach, i found the green/black wire an tried it, but nothing happend, then, get the diods an tried too, and nothing happends either

i've seen pictures of 1.5 Sohc with tach and I WANT TO INSTALL ONE

please help me

i'm from Guatemala (nex to mexico)

thanks!!!!
ferto12303@yahoo.com

thanks...