Help installing new Cd/radio player as it two long

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xbc

Help installing new Cd/radio player as it two long

Post by xbc »

I have a 1998 Lanos and thought i iwll take out the old radio cassate player and went and brought New JVC cd/radio
trouble is I went to install it and it to long it hits the plastic at the back I guess that the heating

I have looked at the old sony radio cassate player that was installed and can see this is about 2 inches shorter, I even tried my sons radio but this is also to long
How do you get around this or is it not possible.
many thanks for any help
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ive never had any trouble gettin a cd player in my lanos, can you give us as pic of the radio slot empty to show us your work area?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
thecruelangel

Post by thecruelangel »

How can a cd player possibly be bigger then an old casette player :P

The espero came with an old philips cd player which i swapped for a sony mp3 cd player which was smaller (new technology ftw).

You might want to consider either sawing or trade the player?
BOSCHMANN PR 9448ny
Max/RMS vermogen: 500W Max/ 250W RMS
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

Are you using a dash kit to install the new radio, or are you just trying to mount it straight in to the dash? Maybe if you try using a dash install kit, it will create the clearance you need. I have never heard of an after market head unit being too long to fit, as they are generaly smaller than OEM ones, but I guess there is always an exception.

I wouldn't go cutting in to the plastic behind the dash, as it may be heating ducts, or have important wires behind it. You cut the wrong thing and it could cost you more than the head unit is worth.
My Chevy Woo
2004 Chevy Optra 5
xbc

Post by xbc »

Many thanks for all the info I was just rushing to get it in and think I was catching the wire plug aganst the plastic at the back so it does fit fine