Lanos Speaker Replacement

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

naznomad
Junior

Lanos Speaker Replacement

Post by naznomad »

Hi,I am thinking of replacing the factory speakers in my 99 Lanos hatchback.
Does anyone know what size speakers will fit in the front and in the rear? I have a nice set of Infinity Kappa 6.5 inch speakers but I dont know if they will go in the front.
I am not so concerned about the rears if i can get a decent set in the front,it will make up for having none in the rear.

Also,while i'm on the subject,how the hell do you get to the rear speakers? I undid the 2 screws,but it looks like the grille piece is joined somehow to the trim piece that goes up over the rear side window.
I could pry it open enough to see the underside of the speaker where the wire connector joins,so if I wanted to i guess i could just disconnect the wire and leave it in there. But I would like to take them out really,and replace them with something better.
There are also some pop-in clips down the side piece, not sure how to get them out without breaking them. I didnt want to force it too much in case it broke off.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the rear speaker size is 6x4's and heres a previous thread with pics to take out the speakers. thank OZ on it.

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... r+speakers

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

Thanks for that.Do you know what size can be fitted in the doors?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

naznomad wrote:Thanks for that.Do you know what size can be fitted in the doors?

i have 6 1/2's in the front doors of my lanos, what i did is cut out the stock speaker grill in the door pannel, and screwed the speaker to the surface of the pannel like this
thats a pic from when i had 5 1/4's but i have 6 1/2's now just like it, but stock is 4 inch or 4 1/2 (or some thing like that)

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i just did a quick look up on the search engine here and came up with this thread. and not trying to sound like an ass but if you could try to look up some stuff like this first using the search button that would help out a lot on re-posting. just a suggestion. i have no problem helping out though.

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... s+speakers

nick

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

Yeah sorry,I did a search but obviosly i didnt go back far enough to see that from 2 years ago.

And daewoomofo,did you fix the speakers to the plastic door panel,or is it fixed to something behind it to make it more rigid? I just thought that the plastic door panel would be a bit flimsy to attach speakers to.

thanks for the replies.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

oh damn was it two years ago. my bad. i just looked it up and all. :oops:

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i just screwed it right to the plastic, if you want you can do a nut and bolt but all i did is attach it to the plastic

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

lanos2001 wrote:oh damn was it two years ago. my bad. i just looked it up and all. :oops:

nick
Hehe,no it's my fault,it was a new one,I was looking at an older one,DOH !! Oh well,dammit where's the beer !
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

daewoomofo wrote:i just screwed it right to the plastic, if you want you can do a nut and bolt but all i did is attach it to the plastic

Yeah I may give that a go,thanks.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

BEER!!!!!! you just said my favorite word!!!!!!!!! now i need to pick up a 12 pack. :lol:

nick

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

lanos2001 wrote:BEER!!!!!! you just said my favorite word!!!!!!!!! now i need to pick up a 12 pack. :lol:

nick
Only 12 ? :)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

gotta work in the mornin. already on numbe 6.

nick

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

lanos2001 wrote:gotta work in the mornin. already on numbe 6.

nick
Lol
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

daewoomofo wrote:
naznomad wrote:Thanks for that.Do you know what size can be fitted in the doors?

i have 6 1/2's in the front doors of my lanos, what i did is cut out the stock speaker grill in the door pannel, and screwed the speaker to the surface of the pannel like this
thats a pic from when i had 5 1/4's but i have 6 1/2's now just like it, but stock is 4 inch or 4 1/2 (or some thing like that)

How did you get round the problem of having the window winder knocking against a 6.5 inch speaker? It dosent look like there is anough clearance for a 5.25,never mind a 6.5 !!!