Remote power locks & trunk release & alarm system

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Remote power locks & trunk release & alarm system

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I have been wanting to install these since I bought my car and finally ordered them today! :)

Remote power locks & alarm system:

Power trunk release:

And the interior door lock switches:
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

Are you going to remove the stock thing for looks or will you let it so in case you end up without batery?
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I want one of those... just for the trunk release kit... I already have power door locks, but i have no inside trunk release at all :? sucks having to use the key all the time...

tell me how it works out, i may just end up getting it myself.

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
panther

Post by panther »

I too have power locking but I'm thinking of fitting a remote keyless entry system. Save fumbling around in the dark.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

some of those come with power window locking as well which is very nice.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

hey oz where did you get those and how much were they? That is one reason I dislike the car, I have to turn off the engine when someone needs to get something out of my trunk!!!!!
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Joso wrote:Are you going to remove the stock thing for looks or will you let it so in case you end up without batery?
I will leave everything as it is now and just add the new locks. I will not remove the holes for the key locks so if the battery in the remote is dead, I can still use the key to get into the car.

delphis wrote: hey oz where did you get those and how much were they?
I bought them from http://www.a1electric.com
The keyless locks and alarm system is $119.95 (item W01F-B6000), the power trunk release is $24.95 (item TK01KIT) and the interior lock switch is $17.95 (per switch, I ordered only 1 switch) (item DLSW-1). The total price with shipping was $171.
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Oz, regarding the power trunk release, i live in Australia, do you know if it will work with my car and how do you plan to install it, i was told these boot poppers are very expensive so im suprised that its so cheap and is it easy to install?
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Chris,
I do not know why they told you the boot (trunk) popper is expensive; I have seen cheap ones for as little as $13 on eBay.

As for installing it, all it requires is one side of the solinoid (the popper) be grounded to the trunk lid or even one of the ground wires for the rear lights and one power wire run from the solinoid to the boot release switch. The other side of the boot release switch will be connected to +12V power. When you press the boot relese button, the switch completes the circuit, activates the solinoid and unlocks the latch on the boot.

If this is going to be used with a remote opening system, then a relay is needed to connect the output of the main control unit's auxiliry output which is activated, and sends +12V to the solinoid when you press the boot release button on your remote control.

Perhaps they told you it was expensive because they were going to charge a lot of money to install it for you!

So, to answer your question, yes, that will work on your car and will work on both the 4 door sedan (saloon) and the hatchback.

** I wrote both boot /trunk and sedan/saloon so people in different contries will understand; some people do not know what the boot is, nor do they know what a saloon is. :)
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

duh oz... you wear boots when you go to a saloon :lol:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Audacityracing wrote:duh oz... you wear boots when you go to a saloon :lol:
You just emphasized my point.

LOL
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Wow Oz u really know your stuff thanks for the info, and yes i was told by a guy over here that boot poppers, especially remote boot poppers cost a heap, lol you msut be right on the charging heaps for installation part :D Do you know if these guys ship to Australia because they have nothing about payment or shipping on their site.
Thanks so much.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Check eBay for Australian stores selling the same type of stuff. That way, you do not have to pay ineternational shipping and import duty.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Here is one you could install:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-COMMODORE ... dZViewItem

$14.99AU and $8.50 shipping.

All the parts are there to make it work on your car. You will just need to run the wires and attach the solinoid with a screw or nut and bolt.
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Since the Lanos has a lock on the boot, would the boot popper still work and lock the boot automatically when its closed or would you have to lock it with the key once closed.