window problem

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

window problem

Post by lanos2001 »

well my freakin window is kinda stuck now. :evil: i just got off of lunch and the damn thing is really hard to roll up. i'm guessing its off track or something. i've never taken off my panels before i and i think i know how but just wanna make sure.

all i have to do is unscrew everything and then some how pop off the hook deal in the window roller right? oh and i do have manual windows. do i have to buy the tool or can i do it some other way?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

that's about right... i can remove the window handle with no special tool, i just use 2 small screw drivers to pop the metal G clamp and its done,

also remeber to remove the oval door trim arround the door handle and the triagular plastic part where the mirror adjuster goes... a similar triagular part as on the rear door too.

after you take all those off pull the panel from the botton and pull to release the plastic pins or whatever they are called and when they are free pull the whole panel up.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

thanks man i'll get to work on that after work.

nick

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well that was easy for once. :twisted: i didn't take the whole door off because when i took off the screws i noticed dimes falling out so i shook it some more and got like a dollars worth of dimes and some paper fell out too. i guess the window was catching on the paper cause it was fine after that. :D

nick

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

lanos2001 wrote:well that was easy for once. :twisted: i didn't take the whole door off because when i took off the screws i noticed dimes falling out so i shook it some more and got like a dollars worth of dimes and some paper fell out too. i guess the window was catching on the paper cause it was fine after that. :D

nick
How did all that stuff get behind the door panel, or am I misunderstanding you? lol
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

it was only dimes and i used to put change in the door panel pocket. i guess dimes were skinny enough to get throught the crack and i always stuff it full of paper until i clean out my car which is never for the inside. :lol:

nick

flat6

Post by flat6 »

Yeh bloody windows in these things are dody, the electric window on my drivers side is always lazy, takes about 30 seconds to get it up, and most of the time, it gets stuck which means i gotta take my hand off the wheel and pull the bastard up lol..

guess the brushes in the power windows motor are stuffed..