Foglight instalation

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mocpac

Foglight instalation

Post by mocpac »

Hi there, I buy a set of fog lights for my nubira (oem), but I only buy the lights w/o wires. No how I install the foglights. I just want to know what type if wire I need and how to install them, not directly to the low beam lights, so I can be able to turn them off if I want to.

Help here. :!:
ImageImage
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

so it didn't come with any wires what so ever? not even like two inches of wire to hook it up? if that the case i'm not even sure then dude. if it did come with just a little bit of wires then i'd say to hook it up to a switch and do it that way.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Here is a pic of them. And yes they have the fog light wire, I need the rest. And the .."how to do it" part....So I can buy what I need before the instalation.

-Type of wire,
-fuses,
-any plug.. if needed-switch. 8)

ImageImage
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well i was thinking that if you knew which wire was hot and which was the ground you can just hook it up to the battery and a switch. like as if you were putting in strobes or a neon kit. other than that i'm not sure since its for a nubira. sorry i wasn't too much help. :cry:
nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Autozone, Pepboys, and Advance Auto Parts all sell fairly cheap but useful fog light installation kits. It comes with a switch, relay, wiring w/fuses, and really detailed instructions.

I bought aftermarket fog lights after my stockers drowned in a Florida downpour. I spliced the new fog lights to the old connecters and now they connect just like stock.

I used the wiring harness that came with them to use on some rear speakers with really bright blue LEDs (illegal). Now if ever I see a cop or go through some kind of checkpoint, I hit the switch and all of my illegal lights go out, returning me fully to stock.

There are many ways to mess with the installation of the harness. If you splice it to a constant 12V source instead of the headlights, you have excellent daylight running lamps. If you splice it to battery instead of headlights, you can use the lights with or without the key in the ignition.

To install it, you need almost no previous knowledge of wiring, just some basic hand tools and a voltmeter or wiring diagram. Or the simple knowledge that Red = 12V Black = Gound.

Good Luck!
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Thanks man I will check tomorrow in pepboys for that kit. :twisted:
ImageImage
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

One more problem, I buy a fog light istalling kit, came with all, and I buy a aditional set of H3 bulb, to replace the actual bulbs on the fog lights. The H3 light are diferent for the regular lights, have a cable stock on them.
-How I change the lights? Cut the cable? :?:

If you don't know how an H3 bulb looks. Probably you can't help me but here is a pic.
ImageImage
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

The Daewoo stock fog light bulbs come with a wire coming off of it. I believe all fog light bulbs do so. Open the back of the fog light (twist cap). there should be a lamp held down with a ground pin and a wire coming off of the back. That wire coming off of the light connects to the fog light wiring harness in a conector thats under some fire resistant plastic and fabric.

If it is the wire coming off of the left side on this pic (can't see all of it) your stock light should look the same.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ok, I'm working right now but when I was at home I see the fabric. Ok the plug must be under that.. Thanks....Again :oops:
ImageImage
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

That is where the wire and plug are, and that (except the light coating) is identical to our stock bulbs, so you should have no problem.

Good luck with your build.