Racing seats

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Racing seats

Post by kinkyllama »

I wanna buy two for my front two seats. My biggest problem is i want to test it before i buy it but there isnt anyone that carrys them. So i want to know what everyone recommends. I dont want to spend alot of money but i want something nice.

Thanks,
Dan
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
woo
Expert

Re: Racing seats

Post by woo »

do you mean that there arent any that bolt straight in? Or do you mean because you have to modify the bases, places wont let you try them in the car before you buy?
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I mean i want to sit in it to make sure its comfy. Ive sat in a few that just suck.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

maybe you could ask owners at car shows? Most will probably say no, but you may find the odd nice person. The recaros in WRX's are way too hard, but i know a guy who has different recaros in his show car and they are nice, but they apparently are top of the line ones so youd expect them to be nice
330w carbon kevlar

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I went to the drag strip not to long ago and alot of people show there car there. I asked two different guys about there sub/amp setup and they were rude so ill leave that alone. and i dont know anyone who is even into cars. Im lonley. lol

I think ill just find a good online shop that has a good return policy that way if i dont like it ill just return it. Shipping could get expensive though if i had to do that more than once
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

it may be too much effort, but you could take your stock seats to a retrimmers and get them to put in some stiff body hugging bolstering, then you can work with them and get the seat however you like it. Hard, soft, supportive, horrible, however you want
330w carbon kevlar

damian007vk
Super

well

Post by damian007vk »

racing seats are never gonna be all that comfortable. I have sat in many including top of the line, limited edition (limited to like 50 in US) sparco seats, and they arent the most comfortable thing in the world..they do give you great support,,,and do hold you in good, but comfort wise...like if you drive cross country with them..no way. And they were built for slim body frames...if you are the slightest over weight, then you will hate them. Maybe you can find some ricer seats that are meant more for looks than what they were originally meant for (performance and autocrossing and true racing) that wont be that snug of a fit. However they do look great, and if you are into serious autocrossing (SCCA), then they will be a great thing to have.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Actually i want support more than comfort. I have a bad back. I dont want something really uncomfortable though cuz im in my car all the time. I mostly want (i like the looks too) a racing seat so i dont roll around as much while taking turns. I want to stay in my damn seat more. lol.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport