ideas?/

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo
Expert

ideas?/

Post by woo »

ive put in new speakers in my leganza. The old tweaters had oval mounts that the new ones dont fit into. what i have done is just take the old tweaters out of the mounts, put the old mounts back in and there are two wires coming out of the middle which go into the new tweaters that are simply yaped to the dash. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do to mount the tweaters. I want to keep the old mounts in the old holes so there are no ugly holes on the dash. Everything works fine but it just looks a but odd having the tweaters taped to the dash.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Have you tried to actually remove the stock tweeter from the oval mount that fits into the dash?

The stock tweeter (the speaker itself) is round and has been fit into the oval mount to fit the dash. If it can be put in the oval, then theoretically it can be removed and a like-sized replacement can be put in it's place.

If by chance you bought a round tweeter that is larger than the stock one inside the oval plastic mount, then you may have to get replacement tweeters that match the crossover so it can fit in the stock location.

I need to change my tweeters, too. Can you explain how you removed them so I can take mine out and look, too?
After I take mine out, I can more fully explain how to swap them out with new ones.
As for now, I've just not taken any time to actually take them out.

Thanks!

Cliff
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

the new tweaters are bigger and different to the old ones. at the moment i have put the mounts back but they have the wires sticking through the middle leading to my new tweaters. To get the old ones out i just poped them out with a screwdriver. They simply pop out with no screws or anything holding them down.
330w carbon kevlar

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

The best idea would have been to remove the old tweeters, measure them, and make sure your new tweeters could fit into the stock oval mount.

All I can suggest now is to measure the opening inside the stock tweeter's oval housing and buy new tweeters that will fit.
If possible, buy tweeters that are matched to the crossover cutoff points so there will not be any gap in the freequency range and no impedence imbalance on the crossover network.

Cliff
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

i got the all the new stuff in a good special so i dont care too much really, but i thaught it wouldnt hurt to ask. They will stay as is for the moment
330w carbon kevlar